Bolens 16hp hydro drive 1994 few problems for new owner

bones 1975

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Bolens 16hp hydro drive 1994 few problems for new owner
Hi All
new member and hoping someone can help with advice
I have recently inherited a ride on mower along with property purchase here in France,i can find little to no information about the two bits of kit i have,i have zero experience with ride on mowers however i consider myself quite good at problem solving as i am a maintenance engineer.

Bolens mower model 13046 also branded garden way inc
garden way inc deck model 14052

mower is fitted with a briggs and stratton v twin motor which i have now repaired,simple fix ,new battery and starter motor gear replaced, basic service and its running sweet.
However I have two problems i cannot resolve:
deck will not lift from floor,lift lever has lots of spring tension but it does not seem to have any impact on the deck lifting or lowering,all fixings are in place and retained with pins but there is no movement under the machine at all,is there maybe a cable missing?having not seen a complete assembly or diagram before i cant be sure if somethings missing.

also i cannot find any reference for drive belt? as in transfer drive from motor pulley to the pulley on the deck, the deck is fitted with a belt as per diagram found on deck but i cannot see belt for transferring drive to the deck.

one other thing is i now live in rural France where service centers are far and few between and i am told they charge far to much for me to consider taking for repair,with the motor all sound and running sweet it will be a real shame if i cannot figure these minor issues out.

many thanks
Peter

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Bolens 16hp hydro drive 1994 few problems for new owner
:welcome:

You will find the owners manual here http://www.troybilt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayOwnersManualList?storeId=10001&catalogId=14102&modelNumber=13&serialNumber=
This list was done on a computer so the model numbers are in computer sequence , thus 1023464738296 appears above 2 you will find 13046 is about 2/3 the way down the list.
Being a USA web site it is only in English
The drive belt is very high to keep it out of harms way between the frame rails.
Go to the back, put your hand under the mower and feel on top of the rear axel and you will feel the drive pulley & belt.
The cut height on that model is set by the dial below the seat, behind your legs.
with the deck lever in the off position ( closer to you ) turn the dial to change the height then when you move the lever forward it will allow the deck to go further down, with some of them the lever also moves further with lower cuts.
Garden Way no longer exists and neither does Bolens

There should be a tag under the bonnet in the side of the mower with the model numbers and the engine should have it's model numbers stamped into one of the rocker covers.
When sending queries to this list please use these numbers to identify your engine & mower.