Timecutter z4200 exhaust isolator issue

Sj1135

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys!
I have a Toro timecutter z4200 that has been a great zero turn mower except it recently broke the exhaust (expected after 7 years of use) and so I got online and bought a new exhaust kit from a Toro shop. Well, the exhaust got installed per instructions that shipped with the parts. Within 15 minute of mowing, the new exhaust broke. I looked at the situation and found that the isolator was installed correctly but the reason the exhaust broke this time is because the isolator, itself, broke. I called the shop that I ordered the parts from and they said there was nothing that can be done unless it's a manufacturers defect. I will attach pictures but gas anyone else had this issue?

Thank You!

2jab8ef.jpg

msouhc.jpg

2lo5b34.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would look at your engine mounting bolts. For that much damage, I would have to think something is really loose.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't understand the comment about (expected after 7 years of use) should not have happened at all.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tell them that a Metallurgist has inspected it ( me ) and he sees a brittle fracture along the HAZ ( Heat Affected Zone ) Caused by electric welding parts that were tool cold resulting in an adverse microstructure at the weld interface.
And see how you go.
In laymans terms , that was probably the first weld of the day.
The steel was very cold so when the molten steel in the weld puddle formed, it froze way too fast causing the area where the molten metal meets the parent steel brittle so a son as it started to get vibrations it cracked.
If you loot at it closely you will see cracks running right along the edges of the welds.

pamrichbaker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Timecutter z5000 that we bought used from an individual. The muffler was like this as well. We had it replaced & within a couple of mowings the new muffler is like this as well. Can this be welded again & be fixed for good or do I need to buy a new muffler? If a new muffler, do we need to inspect the welding in any way to make sure it is solid?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You need to gas weld it so the region around the weld is a little less brittle.
allow it to air cool so the stresses can work out.