Jacobsen 628D

helomech

Threads
When I push the lever to go forward or backwards it is very jumpy(stiff). I lubed all the spots I can get to. I just got the mower and plan on changing the fluid and filter is there anything else I can do to make it smoother?

helomech

Threads
Does anyone else keep up with this group?

Found the cable bad controlling direction. Cable was broken. Going to order a new one tomorrow.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:
happy now ?
Being a full on commercial diesel engined mower, users & service mechanics for them are a bit thin on the ground and even thinner on forums like this.
I can bluff my way through old variable stroke engines with mechanical lift pumps, but modern electronically controlled ones are out of my ball park.
Every couple of days you might like to reply to your own post with the :anyone: smilies found in the "more" section under the 15 on the right hand side.
We consider this a polite way to push your post back to the top of the new posts list.

helomech

Threads
:welcome:
happy now ?
Being a full on commercial diesel engined mower, users & service mechanics for them are a bit thin on the ground and even thinner on forums like this.
I can bluff my way through old variable stroke engines with mechanical lift pumps, but modern electronically controlled ones are out of my ball park.
Every couple of days you might like to reply to your own post with the :anyone: smilies found in the "more" section under the 15 on the right hand side.
We consider this a polite way to push your post back to the top of the new posts list.

LOL, just a little shocked. Was hoping someone would have had an idea. Just glad it is the cable, and not something more expensive.

Thanks

Also didn't mean to sound demanding. I was just asking if there where others that kept up with the jacobsen section still.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most of the regular posters use the "new posts" function that brigs up all of the new posts across the entire site.
This is a funny forum .
'Not many fanatics & fans ,most post a problem, it gets worked through, about a 1/3 sent a Job done post to close off the thread before they leave and the others just go & mow.

helomech

Threads
LOL, I have been using the new post function also.

northcreeek262

Threads
Hi, I just joined this group and I also have a 628D 4wd. Love my machine, it's a 2006 and has about 1300 hrs. I mow about 2.5 acres. Mine has a 72" SD deck. I order parts on line from Jacobsen and the parts are pretty reasonable considering the industrial build of these machines.
Hope to share info with other Turf Cat owners....Mike.

helomech

Threads
Oh okay. Mine is the 72" right side discharge.