My 3 lawnboys

LB7268

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here are my 3 lawn boys.

On the left is my 2001 10550. I bought this slightly used in 2003. In 2006 or so I went to start it for the first time of the season and it ran for 10 seconds and died. I parked it for 4-5 years and was gonna trade it for something else. They hardware store in town basically said we'll take it off your hands. I then decided I have 2 lawn boys ,why not get them both going. I tore into the 10550 and found I had scored a piston . I then put a new piston and rings in and has run perfect since. The pilot jet has since been replaced with a 42.5 Briggs. I am so glad I decided to keep this as it runs great now.

Next is a 7260 deck. ( original was cracked and I can't remember what model number was) D600. My dad bought this used in the mid eighties and I mowed lawns in late 80s- early nineties. It then layed in my dads garage until I moved out in 2001 and acquired this mower. The deck was cracked and I found another from the hardware store junk pile. I used this from 2001-2003 when the governor started acting funny. I then got my 10550 and parked this til 2010 or so. I then pulled this back out and fixed the governor. It now runs perfect and still has 90 psi compression.

Last is a 1978 7268 that I scored at a rummage sale for $10. I brought it home and started first pull. Then it sat in basement for 2-3 years and when I drug it out wouldn't start. I decided to do a full on rebuild and put new piston rings and all. I got new decals for tank and painted all up.

I now use all 3 mowers in the rotation

This is my first post so I thought I would make it some eye candy for you. Thanks for having me aboard.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

2smoked

Threads
Nothing finer than having a "rotation" of 2-stroke Lawn Boys for your summer mowing pleasure. Good to see some old classics brought back to life.:smile:

Lawnboy77

Threads
A very nice collection of Lawnboys. I like them all, but I'd have to pick the D-600 over them all.

LB7268

Forum Newbie
Threads
D600 is a good runner. I cleaned muffler now it runs good , however all the gas leaked out so now it's time for needle and seat. I better get in habit of shutting fuel off after finished mowing.

Lawnboy77

Threads
D600 is a good runner. I cleaned muffler now it runs good , however all the gas leaked out so now it's time for needle and seat. I better get in habit of shutting fuel off after finished mowing.

I was just thinking about how lucky I have been in regards to my mowers not having leaky needle and seats. I suppose I should knock on wood, but I have never had one leak it's fuel over the garage floor from a faulty seat seal. Now that I said that I'll probably get one. LOL I suppose I should start shutting the valves off just to play it safe.

LB7268

Forum Newbie
Threads
Worst thing about it was it messed up the paint. I'm not all that impressed with engine enamel as far as durability goes.