Craftsman Weed Eater

DaleHolsti

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Craftsman weed eater that stopped running after I switched it to True Fuel (40:1), it ran once with the new fuel, and hasn't since. Things I have done since, 1) Changed to regular (40:1) fuel, 2) Cleaned Carburetor 3) Changed primer bulb 4) Changed fuel intake line (not filter yet), 5) Changed recirculating fuel line 6) Replaced carburetor, so lets stop there, fired right up, ran for a moment, kept dying within minutes, on choke or off, continued that sequence for a while, then wouldn't fire period. 7) Changed spark-plug, and will not fire anymore.

I am looking for any other thoughts on what I can do. I appreciate any help. Any questions let me know.

Here is the unit from Repair Clinic

https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-F...Model-31679115-Craftsman-String-Trimmer-Parts

Thanks!

Astevenson8

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm thinking it has something to do with the carb. Can you adjust it and gap the spark plug?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull the muffler off & have a look at the piston & bore.
If it is scored then it is game over
If it is not scored the try without the muffler.
Goes bang (will be very loud ) the your muffler is plugged.

Pull the carb off but leave it connected to the fuel lines.
Spray air down the throat and look for a spray of fuel coming out the other end.

Get an in line plug tester and check for spark

Let us know what happens

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
316.79115 Is this your model number?

Jake8131

Threads
I have a Craftsman weed eater that stopped running after I switched it to True Fuel (40:1), it ran once with the new fuel, and hasn't since. Things I have done since, 1) Changed to regular (40:1) fuel, 2) Cleaned Carburetor 3) Changed primer bulb 4) Changed fuel intake line (not filter yet), 5) Changed recirculating fuel line 6) Replaced carburetor, so lets stop there, fired right up, ran for a moment, kept dying within minutes, on choke or off, continued that sequence for a while, then wouldn't fire period. 7) Changed spark-plug, and will not fire anymore.

I am looking for any other thoughts on what I can do. I appreciate any help. Any questions let me know.

Here is the unit from Repair Clinic

https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-F...Model-31679115-Craftsman-String-Trimmer-Parts

Thanks!

I use TRUFUEL in all 4 formy weedeaters without any problems.