Mower
    Looking to Buy :)

Lawn Mower Jacks

What is the groups opinion of the best heavy duty lawn mower jack to change blades on a heavy mower like the Scag 52" Tiger Cat II?
    I have a 300 lb. capacity MoJack but was thinking about the Mojack Pro which has a 750 Lb. capacity. What is everyone's thoughts on the MoJack Pro? Is their something better out there that does a better job??

I am thinking the 300 lb. capacity may be a little light duty for the Scag.

Mower
    2016 IS2100Z

Re: Lawn Mower Jacks

I use a bumper jack from a 1968 chevy for my Ferris IS2100Z, works great!

Mower
    RZ5424

I use my 4-ton floor jack with an 8"x8"x16" block of wood. No need to reinvent the wheel. I almost bought an electric forklift. They only wanted $100 for it because all the batteries were dead. Worked if plugged in. I waited too long to make up my mind.
    Last edited by BlazNT; 07-20-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    Chuck
    We Do Not Stop Playing When We Grow Old
    We Grow Old If We Stop Playing

Mower
    Hustler Fastrack SD 48"/ Echo Trimmer, Stihl Chainsaws

This is what I went with and have not looked back, now I have to deal with all of the fiends in the hood who have issues.
    http://www.tscstores.com/500LB-HEAVY...x#.WXEVisYZNE4

It was on sale for 150 CDN Look for heaver then you need, YOUR head is under it!

good luck

Mower
    Toro

Been using a floor jack for over 20 years, with no accidents or problems. If I feel uncomfortable, I add a couple of jack stands.
    This is only my opinion, and many will say it ain't worth a darn, as I'm only a retired grease monkey instructor and not a professional mechanic. Use what I post at your own risk as you know teachers only know book knowledge.

Mower
    Victa slashers & Push , Rover Rancher II's, Cox ( several ) & White LT120 + GT 200

I have an engine hoist which works a lot better than a jack, just so long as you remember to duck under the boom
    Occasionally I even use it for removing engines.
    Outside I have a yard crane from an explosives plant where electric anything was a no no.
    For quick things like blade changes I use some tall ramps with flat surfaces they are about 14" which is more than enough space to get under a deck and of course very quick.
    Got another set for the service van, easier, faster and a lot more secure than any jack

Mower
    Gravely ZT HD 48, Kubota BX1860

I picked up a 550 lb capacity heavy duty jack from Tractor Supply: Cub Cadet HD lift
    I've used it on everything from a 48" Gravely ZTHD to a couple of very large commercial zero turns, and it works great. Since it cradles both front tires (and secures them in the cradle with straps) it's very safe, and it raises the front of the mowers higher than anything else I've used (except the bucket on a front end loader). Very easy to use, and truly a well made piece of equipment.

Mower
    Gravely

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby County Kid View Post
    What is the groups opinion of the best heavy duty lawn mower jack to change blades on a heavy mower like the Scag 52" Tiger Cat II?
    I have a 300 lb. capacity MoJack but was thinking about the Mojack Pro which has a 750 Lb. capacity. What is everyone's thoughts on the MoJack Pro? Is their something better out there that does a better job??

I am thinking the 300 lb. capacity may be a little light duty for the Scag.
    I recently upgraded from a small mower lift to a Fischer 750 Lbs. Heavy Duty ATV/Mower High Lift Jack from Harbor Freight for $189.99. It's heavy duty and well built and does a great job of lifting my zero turns.