Cub Cadet ST 100 Wheeled String Trimmer

Snapper101

Threads
I just got this last week, and after a few hours of tough use I,ll give Cub 5 stars so far. Seems very well built and very easy to operate.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 10

Snapper101

Threads
Well, This is the first machine I,ve owned that starts on the first pull every time. Warm or Cold. from the very first fill up of gas. It says it has a Cub engine but from my research it looks like a Honda engine.

Padroo

Threads
I have about 5 hours on mine and am very impressed how well that little 159CC motor runs. I think I may have stalled it two times total, it has enough power and I too give it 5 stars. Picked mine up at Tractor Supply for $300 on line.

katbird

Threads
I have about 5 hours on mine and am very impressed how well that little 159CC motor runs. I think I may have stalled it two times total, it has enough power and I too give it 5 stars. Picked mine up at Tractor Supply for $300 on line.

I purchased one, but it won't start when hot.
What gas are you using?

Padroo

Threads
I purchased one, but it won't start when hot.
What gas are you using?

Just regular pump gas with 10 % ethanol. Sounds like a choke issue.

Mine starts on the first or second pull.

katbird

Threads
Just regular pump gas with 10 % ethanol. Sounds like a choke issue.

Mine starts on the first or second pull.

I took the first one back for refund. I exchanged it for another new one.
Same stuff, different day. It won't start hot. I have to let it sit for 20 minutes before it will start.

It may well be a choke issue, but I can only return it just so many times :)

funflyer

Threads
Well, This is the first machine I,ve owned that starts on the first pull every time. Warm or Cold. from the very first fill up of gas. It says it has a Cub engine but from my research it looks like a Honda engine.

The engine is a Chinese copy of Honda, but seems to be just as reliable. I believe it uses an iron sleeve in the cylinder unlike Honda which is not sleeved.

Curmujn

Forum Newbie
Threads

The engine is a Chinese copy of Honda, but seems to be just as reliable. I believe it uses an iron sleeve in the cylinder unlike Honda which is not sleeved.
I really like my ST100, but wanted a third wheel for more stability. The conversion kit on line was too spendy, and I thought I could do better. The attached photos show an arm mounted 5" swivel caster which doesn't interfere with the trimmer. Just an idea...

Attachments

• 20210912_120322.jpg
    20210912_120322.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 2