Generic Mower Parts -- Good Thread (hopefully)

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anybody know of a website that sells generic lawnmower parts?

The things I'm looking for in particular are: (a) fuel valve -- male/male -- 1/4"= O.D.; (b) fuel filter -- same dimensions as the valve.

I've tried searches on Google and Bing but maybe I didn't use the right keywords.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Napa has a lot of generic parts

mustionsmallengine

Forum Newbie
Threads
FOR GENERIC PARTS I LIKE TO USE SOME AUTO PARTS STORES SUCH AS NAPA BUT IF YOU HAVE A SMALL ENGINE DEALER AROUND YOUR AREA I WOULD JUST LET THEM KNOW YOU WANT A GENERIC PART HOPEFULLY I HELPED YOU OUT I WILL TRY TO ASK AROUND FOR YOU
THANKS
MUSTION SMALL ENGINE

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the responses. I hadn't thought of NAPA but I should have. There's one close to me so it's no big deal to go over there.

I still wonder if there isn't some great website that has generic parts. From experience with buying other things, I'd bet that the prices would be lower online -- provided the order is large enough to spread out the shipping costs.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is such a place on line...
It's Ebay... and just taking a chance here are a couple that came up...
fuel shut off valve | eBay

And there are a lot of 1/4 inch

for less than $3.... :smile:KennyV

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is such a place on line...
It's Ebay... and just taking a chance here are a couple that came up...
fuel shut off valve | eBay

And there are a lot of 1/4 inch

for less than $3.... :smile:KennyV

When I started this thread -- the original one -- this is the third -- :laughing: -- I was hoping that you would see this.

Actually, my highest hope was that you would know about some website that sold generic mower parts for very reasonable prices. I figured that if anybody would know, KennyV would.

I will check that out.

Thanks.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
BTW ... This is a VERY Good Thread...!

The biggest problem with generic parts, (Many that are made on the same machines and assembly lines as the name brands)... Marketing.
You can have a great deal on, ie quarter inch shut off valves.... but if you can't let enough folks know about it. Well you just are not going to move any...
That is exactly where eBay really shines... A very efficient search engine coupled with many sources, (individual adds)...

I do have sources for a lot of things, (and always watching to add more)... Unfortunately many of my sources are wholesale ONLY...
I do hope others will add to this thread... I appreciate other sources... :smile:KennyV

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
BTW ... This is a VERY Good Thread...!

The biggest problem with generic parts, (Many that are made on the same machines and assembly lines as the name brands)... Marketing.
You can have a great deal on, ie quarter inch shut off valves.... but if you can't let enough folks know about it. Well you just are not going to move any...
That is exactly where eBay really shines... A very efficient search engine coupled with many sources, (individual adds)...

I do have sources for a lot of things, (and always watching to add more)... Unfortunately many of my sources are wholesale ONLY...
I do hope others will add to this thread... I appreciate other sources... :smile:KennyV

I think you nailed it -- marketing is the weak link. I was thinking that there might be a nifty little website that sold generic parts and I could find it via Google.

I will try eBay. I buy lots of parts there as it is.

The "Good Thread" reference was to distinguish this thread from the two threads with defective links. :wink:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think you nailed it -- marketing is the weak link. I was thinking that there might be a nifty little website that sold generic parts and I could find it via Google.

I will try eBay. I buy lots of parts there as it is.

The "Good Thread" reference was to distinguish this thread from the two threads with defective links. :wink:

Have purchased a lot of different items on Ebay, ranging from a Texas Instruments computer (1978) to mower blades. I applaud the sellers who pick up the tab for shipping or ship at a reasonable cost. Too many times I find a seller with a $3 item that wants $6 for shipping. Just my dime's worth.