Rider 155 Deck Belt Tension

trailshredder

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an 01 Rider 155. My belt broke on the deck and upon replacing, I had to make an assumption. My assumption was that the tension idler/spring is just for installation and does not always keep tension on the belt? Appears the only way for it to tension the belt was to loosen the bolts, then once tensioned, re-tighten the bolts? Is this the case?

Zan43

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Rider 155 and both belts broke but I can't figure out how the are routed. Do you have belt guide routing diagrams?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an 01 Rider 155. My belt broke on the deck and upon replacing, I had to make an assumption. My assumption was that the tension idler/spring is just for installation and does not always keep tension on the belt? Appears the only way for it to tension the belt was to loosen the bolts, then once tensioned, re-tighten the bolts? Is this the case?

tensioner is to keep tension on the belt while you use the mower...so the blades will turn.

widest/flat part of belts goes against idler pulleys, "V" part goes into v pulleys

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j...de-mower/rider-155-awd-usa-2006-01/mower-deck

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Which deck ?
2 blade timed
2 blade untimed
2 blade rear discharge
All the same variations for 3 blade decks.

Zan43

Forum Newbie
Threads
Those diagrams do not help. I need a belt guide diagram for the two belts under the mower. One is called the main drive belt I think. I do not need the diagram for the deck assembly which contains the mower blades.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those diagrams do not help. I need a belt guide diagram for the two belts under the mower. One is called the main drive belt I think. I do not need the diagram for the deck assembly which contains the mower blades.

Your post asked for help with the deck belt tension.
I am not there...I just went by what you posted....good luck

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK I am getting confused :confused2:

Are the belts you are having trouble with are the one that goes from the engine to the double idler under the pivot point then from the double idler to the double pulley on the deck ?
The front belt is tensioned by an idler on and arm with a spring that has keyring on the end,
There is a pin just behind front left wheel that the spring anchors to.
Some decks have a second idler just to the left of the front deck pulley.
It must be assembled first before the tension is applied.
The rear belt is tensioned by a spring just in front of the rear right wheel.
This has a grease nipple that rarely get touched so will go dry very quickly as it is right under the muffler

Zan43

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am trying to find out how each of those belts are routed thru which pulleys. The belt from engine pulley thru the double pulley and the belt that drives the mower deck.
Hope this explains it better.