LED replacements for stock headlights?

mullins87

Threads
...That last one there with 1350 Lumens is the best deal I've seen yet. Have you purchased anything from this site

I've purchased a few small items from them. However, since they are an overstock/new old stock/new take-off equipment seller, they don't always what I need at that moment. But, their wide selection of items keeps me coming back all the time to see what new items they have. I wouldn't hesitate to make a large purchase with them.

RickO

Threads
Hi guys. I'm new here. I just grabbed a great deal from Sears. The Sear Essential Store near me is being closed so I got a PGT9000 and a triple bagger all for $2864. Good deal. I have almost 5 acres to cut and of that 2.5 gets bagged, (because the dog will eat the clippings otherwise and puke all over the carpets.)

Since I have to cut well into the night or cut for two days (with the old one) not to mention I just HAVE to trick out my new ride I wanted to add good lights, very good lights to this rig. This is where I'm at.

I went to a website SuperbriteLEDs and purchased 1156 LED towers that put out 130 lumens. No big deal but where my brain was wrapped was more towards lowering the power consumption so I had a greater ability to add lights to the bumper/push bar I installed. Okay, I know that I've lowered the consumption but do not know if I've lowered it enough to add two fog lights to the bumper. Fog lights use the halogen H4 bulb and take 55 watts, (each.)

Thinking that would be WAY too much burden against the electrical system I looked for LED work lights. The perfect ones were at that same site I mentioned but they were $80 a piece. (Too much money.) Here;s the deal, I found something semi-better at Quantilutions at 80 for the pair. Power consumption aside, fog lights cost about 20 bucks so it was easy to shell out 60 more for (what I hope) perfection.

The units I bought are 18 watt, 1160 lumens each. or a total impact of 36 more watts to the system LESS the savings garnered by replacing the 1156 with LED towers...

The big question: Will I be able to wire these in to run at the same time and NOT over burden the electrical system? No place in my manual does it state what the overall output is in terms of electrical power. (Damn.)

These lights will be able to turn night in to day. You advice and input is requested and will be appreciated. - RickO

thehemikid

Threads
Well I'm no electrician by any means & not sure these are the same lights you are talking about, but here goes my stab at it.

two original 1156 incandescent________________2.1 amp each= 4.2 amp
two SuperbrightLED's 1156-WW18T_____________.21 amp each= .42 amp
two Quantilutions 18W LED Flood 1180 Lumens : 1.14 amp each= 2.28 amp

.42+2.28=2.70 amp

looks like 1.3 amps less than the 2 original 1156 bulbs, ...& anyone's welcome to correct where I'm wrong.

RickO

Threads
These are the same numbers I found while researching and crawling around the web. I'm a happy camper with the thought of being below the stock amp load, having LEDs that will be super durable and 2620 lumens pumped out of the front of the tractor. I guess the downside is I'll attract every flying insect for 2 square miles. That said, with the light I'll get I'll be able to work at night will be just insane. I have 4 plus acres to cut and with the old 42 inch deck running 18hp, it would take me two days. Kinda ruined my weekend from spring through fall. Before I bought this new PGT90000 Deb, (my wife) joked that what I really needed was a twenty thousand dollar lawn mower and a cheap Harley. I disagreed.
:tongue:

thehemikid

Threads
Well a happy mower has Grass in his teeth, but in your case a few bugs too.:licking:

One thing about LED light it defuses through the air different than Incandescent light, & some people don't care for it,...but I'm with you on the less amp load. I've been switching my cars over to LED's sense the late 90's.

If its taking up a lot of your time mowing into the dark, you might try a Neighborhood Mow Night.
Hope this link works.

Viral Video Player