Found a Homelite Trim N' Edge UT20779, can't find any information on it whatsoever.

Surprisekitty

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Found a Homelite Trim N' Edge UT20779, can't find any information on it whatsoever.
Is it any good? I'm currently using a wired electric edger and I would love to not having to worry about a cord. The UT20779 does appear to be missing a part or two, but none of the parts needed seem to be very expensive. I also have the original manual, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get it working.

Although, it's a bit concerning the lack of information on the UT20779. Was it unsafe to use, or is it's obscurity simply due to being an old model (2007)? So, does anyone know anything about this model? Gas powered trimmers are so expensive and if this one is worth fixing up (safe to use, works well) I'll definitely be willing to do that rather than buying a newer gas powered trimmer.

primerbulb120

Threads
  • / Found a Homelite Trim N' Edge UT20779, can't find any information on it whatsoever.
Is it any good? I'm currently using a wired electric edger and I would love to not having to worry about a cord. The UT20779 does appear to be missing a part or two, but none of the parts needed seem to be very expensive. I also have the original manual, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get it working.

Although, it's a bit concerning the lack of information on the UT20779. Was it unsafe to use, or is it's obscurity simply due to being an old model (2007)? So, does anyone know anything about this model? Gas powered trimmers are so expensive and if this one is worth fixing up (safe to use, works well) I'll definitely be willing to do that rather than buying a newer gas powered trimmer.

The lack of information is simply due to its age. I did a search and there are no product recalls, so I wouldn't worry about it being unsafe to use. The engine isn't especially powerful, but it'll definitely be better than your electric unit.

Where did you find the trimmer? Can you post a few pictures of it so I can see what we're talking about?