Seat for my son on my Hustler

mhavanti

Threads
Not me. Just stating an opinion about an observation.

Threads
4 posts to date and every single one seems to be trying to pick a fight with long-time respected members here...

You must be referring to me. Hello my name is Mitch Stott I am not trying to pick a fight with anyone. I was asked to join this site by invitation via another site I have been a long time member of and as best I can recall have never posted anything negative on that site "Tractor forum"

In my opinion I haven't posted anything negative here either just cant believe some of the things I have read in my first few days being a member. It all started with someone bashing someone else because they thought they were a spammer. In my opinion the person wasn't spamming he was simply offering a possible service to a request the poster was seeking.

Me personally I came here looking for answers to building my own multi deck 12 foot wide mower platform. and if anyone has suggestions as to where i can buy new or used parts for such a contraption or creation then I would love for them to inform me and others of where to buy things of sort. I really don't care if they profit from it or not or if they are in the lawn mower business or not. I am simply looking for information from anyone that is willing to share it. Thanks and welcome to my way of thinking

Threads
PS:

First motorcycle I had was at 5. An Indian sales sample with 12 inch wheels and exposed gear crank. Rode it alongside dad on his Harley Pan Head. I also drove cars and pickups at 5. Began mowing yards at 5. So, put the kids on the mowers and teach them not only how, teach them "why". My only learning problem was not how, where, when, but why. Teach them why it works. They're smarter than you think.

Another PS, just gave a mini bikes to my neighbors two boys. One is 4 the other is 3 and I'm ready to teach them to ride it. Their mom allowed them to have it, just isn't allowing them to ride it. I don't get that. lol

I did promise to build them a motor cycle stand treadmill for them to learn to ride on. She hasn't gotten back to me on that as of yet. It has only been 5 weeks though. lol.

Later all,

Max

AMEN brother. You and I could and would get along just fine. I believe the best lessons are learned the old fashioned way trial and error and the occasional self infliction of pain. There is an old saying I am sure you have heard "if you are going to be dumb you better be tough"

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I could care less if some idiot wants to put himself at risk. Knock yourself out; that's what paramedics are for.

But when you want to include someone who isn't old enough to know what risk YOU are more than willing to put them through, that's a whole different ball game.

Example: Evel Knievel jumps the Caesar's Palace fountain. Who cares if he dies? Not I.

Different Example: Evel Knievel jumps the Caesar's Palace fountain with his grandson riding along. I DO care about that.

Threads
I could care less if some idiot wants to put himself at risk. Knock yourself out; that's what paramedics are for.

But when you want to include someone who isn't old enough to know what risk YOU are more than willing to put them through, that's a whole different ball game.

Example: Evel Knievel jumps the Caesar's Palace fountain. Who cares if he dies? Not I.

Different Example: Evel Knievel jumps the Caesar's Palace fountain with his grandson riding along. I DO care about that.

First did you see the amount of steel surrounding the seat,for Gods sake he is safer in his seat on the mower than he would be anywhere else during mowing operations if your concerns are about objects being thrown out of the mower. Heck he could be in his house with the windows closed in his double padded bed and still be in more danger of flying debris coming from the mower that he would be in his custom built mower seat. Why because a objects don't come thru the mower deck then thru the steel platform the rider is resting his feet on. Objects being thrown from a mower come out at about knee high and travel in a straight line until they hit something. Based on your degree of disdain for risk takers I bet you probably wish Evel would have been killed and that way he may not have inspired kids to be a little wild and take risk in their lives.

What really concerns me is you would think that your Evel reference is comparable and what concerns me even more is you said you didn't care if Evel killed himself jumping. That is just cold hearted and not very kind. Evel was one of my childhood hero's.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think .. ALL of you guy's should shake hands, then get totally naked, and laugh at each other, .... THEN go on a Panty-Raid, at the nearest College, kinda risky, but probably a lot of fun !! .. :thumbsup: ..:laughing: