Replace Drive Belt on Brute 675 front wheel drive mower

chwhitehead

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Replace Drive Belt on Brute 675 front wheel drive mower
I cannot seem to work out how to remove the cover on the top front of the mower to gain access to the forward portion of the belt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

primerbulb120

Threads
There are 2 screws holding it on. To remove them, tip the mower on its side with the air filter facing up. If the air filter is facing down, oil will leak in to the carburetor and the engine won't want to start when you get done. Once the mower is tipped, locate the 2 screws. They should have silver heads and you will need a Torx screwdriver to remove them.

chwhitehead

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are 2 screws holding it on. To remove them, tip the mower on its side with the air filter facing up. If the air filter is facing down, oil will leak in to the carburetor and the engine won't want to start when you get done. Once the mower is tipped, locate the 2 screws. They should have silver heads and you will need a Torx screwdriver to remove them.

Thank you. I have completed the repair. Just wanted to suggest in future responses to this kind, maybe mention that one screw is in the very front of the mower and the other is near the blade. The blade screw was easy to find, but there was a lot of frustration involve in locating the other one. Grass residue covered it and it is not in an intuitive place based on the location of the first one.

Thanks again for the help!

primerbulb120

Threads
No problem! Thanks for noting where the screws are, I've never worked on a Brute mower before so I just looked on the parts diagram and saw there were two screws underneath. :laughing: