z335e

usmc_sgt

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all! New to the forum. Just purchased my first John Deere and would like some advice. I've had terrible luck with transmissions on my past two mowers (1 Troy-Bilt, 1 Husqvarna). I now have a zero turn z335e. Is there anything I should do from the start to prolong the life of my mower? I found out after the fact that I should have put a heavier weight oil in the tranny of my Husqvarna. By the time I researched the slipping transmission problem, it was too late. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your drive units are a sealed unit. No need to change the oil. They are serviceable no matter what John Deere says. Hydro-Gear EZT. They are work horses.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you bought a NEW machine .. I think you would at least get an Owner's Guide with it, ...( I'm not familiar with JD policy)
If so ...follow the instructions in that , at least until your warranty runs out. REMEMBER ..if you "fool" with things
on a NEW mower...you may VOID your warranty ... you will no doubt find much help here on the John Deere Forum
IF you are mechanically inclined I would purchase the shop Service Manual & PARTS Manual and put them away
until needed I DO KNOW... they are NOT cheap ......but they are invaluable ..
best advice I would say is to use COMMON SENSE ... Best of Luck with your new "toy" .... visit often ..Boobala ..:thumbsup: