Husqvarna YTA24V48 with Briggs & Stratton 44N877 throttle choke linkage springs conn.

arlonadkinson

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTA24V48 with Briggs & Stratton 44N877 throttle choke linkage springs conn.
Husqvarna YTA24V48 with Briggs & Stratton 44N877 throttle choke linkage springs conn.

Well I do not see anywhere the details of the linkage and spring connections for this setup. The parts diagrams do not provide it and Briggs or Husqvarna support cannot provide it? I guess they have one technician that knows and if he dies, they in trouble. I have spent time at a shop taking pictures and looking to get this info correct. The auto choke link connects to the plastic connector at the bottom which is controlled by the thermostatic control mounted on the side of the engine. The top end goes into the choke lever which has 2 holes and the one to connect it to is the upper or front one on the link. The throttle link is connected at the bottom to the governor arm and it has a spring around it which goes in the small hole in the arm. The top of the link goes into the throttle lever and the spring at the top connects to the top of the lever over the lever and in front of the center pivot of the lever. The spring choke return or butterfly spring connects to the butterfly plastic unit and to a tiny plastic slender arm on the connector to the carb to engine mount. On the governor mount there are 2 heavy springs and the greenish one connects to the mount and up to number 2 hole in the mount. The black heavy spring connects to the lower hole in the mount not to number one which is empty and then to the lower hole in the mount that can be seen sticking below the mount. Hope this helps someone?

Attachments

• 20170524_121146.jpg
    20170524_121146.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 20170524_120406.jpg
    20170524_120406.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 326
  • 20170523_122523.jpg
    20170523_122523.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 312

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTA24V48 with Briggs & Stratton 44N877 throttle choke linkage springs conn.
Re: Husqvarna YTA24V48 with Briggs & Stratton 44N877 throttle choke linkage springs c

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to our Husqvarna section.

Maybe someone over there can use the information :smile:

arlonadkinson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Husqvarna YTA24V48 with Briggs & Stratton 44N877 throttle choke linkage springs c

One problem I still have and not figured out is that the engine starts good and runs well. The problem existing now is that when I go on the street and push the forward pedal so it goes really fast, the engine does speed up but then it will not go down to the original speed setting? Then I usually have to reset the governor again to get it to idle? I do have it tighten so it should not be moving? Now I have to say this mower was dropped at Lowes and damaged on the front end so I am trying to get a good deal out of it and repair it? It originally costs $1999.00 at Lowes so after the fall and damage I picked it up for $250.00 and then bought the obvious damaged parts needed which were another $150.00 so I have $400.00 in it. I could just use it as it now runs in the idle position and it will work OK but I would like to figure out what the speed problem is? Course the rest of the mower is well worth over the $400.00 I have in it as the deck along which has no damage is worth $450.00! I will just keep trying to get it figured out? It could be connected to the cruise feature? Maybe someone has an idea?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

The throttle makes it go fast and the governor makes it go slow.
So double check you have set the governor properly.
Very common to find one set backwards.
If the problem still persists then the governor could very well be broken inside the engine.
The bob weights can pop off the end of the shaft.
Dirt simple to fix or replace, just a few hours as the engine has to come out & part.
Sump gasket is cheap just make sure that the output shaft is polished clean the oiled before you pull the sump or you will wreck the bottom seal.
And remember the thickness of the gaskets control the end float of the crank which is what there is 3 or 4 in the pack.

arlonadkinson

Forum Newbie
Threads

Yes, I did see a couple of the photos appeared upside down and it is the software for some reason that installed them that way? I only put the photos up because I could not find any of the new Hus with any photos on the links so I thought maybe one person would find them helpful? Maybe not?Always a pleasure to have someone to critique pointless stuff? You may actually have a positive thought on the governor being broke inside as the mower which is new was dropped 25 feet and could have damaged it inside. I am trying to do the easy stuff first to figure out the problem? I have set the governor several times in all positions so it does not correct the sympton. If you set it at the low end, it will work Ok and run good. It is when you press the forward pedal to make it go fast that it does not set back down to low speed. The governor appears to not be moved on the outside so I probably will have to take it apart and look inside or just use it as it is as I only gave $250 for it anyway? Thanks for the criticism as it does help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

You are welcome.
It is a problem with some cameras, they just rotate the image then posted on the net unless they have been opened the saves in some photo editing softwear
Then some people hold the phone. tablet upside down when they take the photo.
I makes it really hard from this end as it is confusing seeing right left & left right.
When the engine is stopped the governor should be holding the throttle wide open and any movement of the governor lever should close the throttle.
Some have trouble understanding that the governor & the throttle work against each other

arlonadkinson

Forum Newbie
Threads

It is something in the forum software that uploads the pictures. I did see it, checked it to make sure my pictures were correct and did it again and the up-loader did it again upside down only on a couple pictures. It is not great software to up load with. Yes, I agree on the throttle issue. It may be an internal problem with the governor. The apparent view seems to indicate that it is staying set as it was set but the reaction is the same. It will run slow when set, push the forward pedal to make it go fast and it does not go back to slow when you change the gas lever back to slow. The spring on the throttle link does not appear to do much as it goes from governor link with the same connection as the throttle on the lower end and up to the same connection on the throttle end. It fits around the throttle link. It may just I do not know. Some people say it keeps the surges down? I thought it must supposed to go to some spot that would make the throttle tend to stay close but that is not the case. I could not find any pictures on the net of this new hus and that was my point that maybe it would help someone to actually see real pictures of one connected. If you can tell me how to get the loader software to do the pictures correct I will gladly do it again. I could not figure out how to delete them and add more to clarify the view. It appears it will only do 10 and more are needed. I suspect there must be some strong spring that holds the throttle closed but so far no one has come up with any ideas on that one? This one also has the auto choke so the connections I also tried to show in the pictures. You tube also does not have anything on the hus? I will just keep playing with it till i figure it out. Then just keep it secret?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Pictures are very simple. When you open them in Windows you are in a viewing software. If you correct the view in that software it only fixes it for Windows computers. If you open them in Paint then correct them then they are corrected for all computers not just windows. Try that and see how it works.

mjay

Forum Newbie
Threads

arlonadkinson, were you able to find a solution to the throttle sticking problem? I just developed the same issue today.

Torani

Forum Newbie
Threads

Well I do not see anywhere the details of the linkage and spring connections for this setup. The parts diagrams do not provide it and Briggs or Husqvarna support cannot provide it? I guess they have one technician that knows and if he dies, they in trouble. I have spent time at a shop taking pictures and looking to get this info correct. The auto choke link connects to the plastic connector at the bottom which is controlled by the thermostatic control mounted on the side of the engine. The top end goes into the choke lever which has 2 holes and the one to connect it to is the upper or front one on the link. The throttle link is connected at the bottom to the governor arm and it has a spring around it which goes in the small hole in the arm. The top of the link goes into the throttle lever and the spring at the top connects to the top of the lever over the lever and in front of the center pivot of the lever. The spring choke return or butterfly spring connects to the butterfly plastic unit and to a tiny plastic slender arm on the connector to the carb to engine mount. On the governor mount there are 2 heavy springs and the greenish one connects to the mount and up to number 2 hole in the mount. The black heavy spring connects to the lower hole in the mount not to number one which is empty and then to the lower hole in the mount that can be seen sticking below the mount. Hope this helps someone?

I see it has been a couple of years since you made this post, but I still wanted to let you know that this is the information I have been looking for. I took my YTA24V48 carb apart to clean it, and silly me thought the repair manual would show how to reassemble the linkage. The manual doesn't even show the correct carb. The choke has connections on both sides of the carb and the manual only shows one. I have been fighting for days trying to figure out how this goes back together. I am sure these photos will be of great help. Thanks much for posting them !