Exmark Quest S (Steering Wheel) 50" ----- Something to add to manual!!!

JanJ

Threads
  • / Exmark Quest S (Steering Wheel) 50" ----- Something to add to manual!!!
In the Trobleshooting area, this should have been added to the troubleshooting notes:

I had this happen today... Was on phone with Exmark support... We fixed it, but it was a bit embarrassing....

Symptom: Engine starts, but, when you release brake, you hear brakes release, then the engine dies... and Brake Light Flashes On and Off...

Reason for the brake light flashing.... Brake was told to go "Off" A stick was wedged in the lever on the inside of one of the hydraulic motors, preventing the brake from releasing....
The engine shuts down because the brake is not released, yet it was told to release.... and brake light flashes to warn you.

But this information is not in the manual....

I was on phone with support for a while as we troubleshot the problem.... When He told me brakes reside inside Hydraulic motors, I looked under mower, and saw stick wedging brake.... Remove stick, and everything is back to Normal :)!

Now surprisingly enough.... Support tells me that this was picked up during moving... and it was only after turning engine off that this symptom reared it's ugly head....

So I added this to my troubleshooting procedure in the manual....

And I post this Symptom/Solution for all to read...

17.8 hours

JanJ

Threads
Here is something else in the manual that isn't correct... (Or, isn't explained properly!)

In the Quest Front Steer Operator's Manual..... Part No. 4502-196 Rev. A

In the area: Installing the Hydraulic System Filters, on Page 48, Right Column, Step 8. It says: "Install the transaxle guard"

Now NO-WHERE in any Prior Text, or in a Figure pictures, is there any Prior Reference to a "transaxle guard"..... Removal or description....

So I called the Support Folks at Exmark and guess what? This manual number has been removed from their library of manuals at their phone support area!!!
Consequently, the Support Folks had NO IDEA what I was asking about.... Because their manual is different than mine!!!

EVENTUALLY I was given this information: In your Part 4502-196 Rev. A manual: Go to Page 47 and find Figure 42. The flat piece of metal with circular hole in it, that goes between the two hydraulic motors...... THAT IS THE TRANSAXLE GUARD!!!! Support tells me that sometimes you must remove this in order to gain access to the Vent Plug (Number 5 on Figure 42 on Pg 47)...

Obviously this wasn't made at all clear in the manual given to me with my 50" 2015 Quest Steering Wheel Model!

Obviously Exmark Support not having this manual, made it much harder to get across the issue about what a "transaxle guard" is, and why it should have been removed.....

JanJ

Threads
This happened back when I was on the phone with them prior to my second post, where I described an error in the Operator's Manual..... But the answer they gave has been BUGGING ME ever since.... Seeing that This Spring I will be doing the most complicated of the maintenance procedures: Replacing Drive Hydraulic Fluid and Filters.... Excuse me, but I should have been given the most up-to-date information.... And being told "No" is just un-acceptable!!!

As a PS to this thread.... At the time of the phone call..... When Support told me the manual I was using is not even available to the ExMark Support Staff....... I asked Support to send me a copy of the current manual they have, so I would have the latest, most accurate, and a manual that would match what Support Uses..... in case any other issues comes up--so that everyone is using the same up-to-date manual (Not Just ExMark)!!!!

So that whatever errors that may still reside in my existing manual: Part No. 4502-196 Rev. A could be avoided... (Seeing that Support has THROWN THIS PART # AWAY !! So there is no way they can confirm if other errors reside in this manual......)

But Support said "No" they don't have any to give...... SO I continue on with an Obsolete Manual, that DOESN'T MATCH what Support Uses, and hopefully there is nothing more "Wrong" with the manual... Other than what I've already posted that Support says is wrong or incorrect....
Beig 50+ miles from the nearest ExMark Sales/Service Center-- and me having no trailer.... Means the Manual is something that I read before Every Service! It is a Shame that I've been told that my manual isn't current, and no replacement manual is available...
ExMark Model QSS708GEM 50200 is my model

PPS: YES, I did a maual search on QSS708GEM 50200 on ExMarks website, and it brings up no results....

JanJ

JanJ

Threads
So..... After finding No manual on ExMark site for a QSS708GEM 50200 mower.... I left a nasty gram on their site describing in detail the issue and my request for a current, Correct, Manual!

JanJ

Threads
I would think that by now I should have heard something via email from Exmark Support....

I haven't!!!!! :(!

So..... After finding No manual on ExMark site for a QSS708GEM 50200 mower.... I left a nasty gram on their site describing in detail the issue and my request for a current, Correct, Manual!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you really expect a manual to cover things like getting a stick stuck in the mower? They cannot foresee everything that might happen.