Honda Plastic Wheel Cracks

golfergordy

Threads
I've got a (new to me) Honda HR215 MASTERS series self prop. mower which I'm cleaning up, and found some cracks in one of the rear plastic wheels (see pic). I've seen similar wheel cracks in other mowers in Honda's HR214/215 series, but the cracks don't seem to cause any operating problems. I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a similar wheel which eventually failed due to similar cracks growing to the point of wheel failure. Is there any treatment for these cracks to prolong the wheel's life? Or, is this something I don't need to be concerned with.

Thanks for any feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 15

apwillard1986

Threads
Mine failed on my HRA215. Luckily replacements are available but they are a little pricey... didn't fail while I was mowing however. It failed during removal for service. I was aware of the cracks and already had a replacement on the shelf.

golfergordy

Threads
Mine failed on my HRA215. Luckily replacements are available but they are a little pricey... didn't fail while I was mowing however. It failed during removal for service. I was aware of the cracks and already had a replacement on the shelf.

I have both HR214 & HR215 parts machines (and I think they have the same wheels), so I'm well stocked with spares in case my cracked wheel fails. Actually, I think some of those spares are similarly cracked as well, which, when I noticed more than one cracked wheel, caused me to start this thread.