Trans Cross brace broke. Anyone else?

Blackhorse

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got the new brace from my dealer yesterday. It's a beast! I took a pic of it but don't see how to post it. They definitely solved the problem.
How much it that beast of a brace ? And new part number

mhavanti

Threads
The part number is in the drawing.

Hydros - Trans Brace Diagram.jpg

clubairth

Threads
The Clutch cover bracket (#120838) is on back order and I have not been given any date for shipping.
Anyone been able to get this bracket?

It was pretty cheap and I just can't (and won't) deal with my local dealer if possible even though the mower is still under warranty. Just too bad of service!
I would rather do it myself if it's not a big repair.

mhavanti

Threads
clubairth,

Working on getting you a price and availability from a dealer that provided the flex forks to me. Soon as I get a reply, I'll see if he has them and when he can get them to you.

Max

clubairth

Threads
Thanks much but I have already paid for it mail order.
If it drags out I will see if I can cancel my order.

Appreciate the offer.

Mythdoc

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is my first post to the forum. Just wanted to say thanks. I just completed the replacement of my cross brace and the clutch guard as others have previously done. Learned a lot here. I was wrench tightening the old brace for a good year and a half until I saw it starting to bend. I have over 300 hours on my SDX 54.

mhavanti

Threads
Mythdoc,

Welcome to the forums. Glad you have been getting good service from your RSD54. Replace those bolts with long enough shanks in a grade eight to go thru the brace and frame before the threads begin. Use all grade eight in bolts, washers and nuts along with blue locktite and you'll be finished tightening those bolts so often.

Max

577jersey

Threads
I double lock nutted the front bolts and they never came loose again,I couldn’t find long enough grade 8 for the two rears to double lock nut so I just snug them up once a month.I will blue lock tight them next time I get those out.
I did notice the mounting tabs that connect the pumps to the frame are alot lighter than the new brace so Its really important to keep an eye on all of that.450 hours and going strong!!

Mythdoc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the additional ideas to secure those connections better. I’ll be ready for another good year cutting my 8 acres of lawn and pastures!