RARE SIGHTINGS NEEDED! Anyone with XT1LT42, XT1LT46 or XT2LX42 ??

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / RARE SIGHTINGS NEEDED! Anyone with XT1LT42, XT1LT46 or XT2LX42 ??
So far your experience is the EFI is more reliable than the engine? I bought an HF pressure washer with single carb (after some doubts). After 1 year the major issue is starting. The thing wants choke to restart hot, possibly because of the cold water pump bolted on. Probably shouldn't say this but despite the starting issue and couple awkwardly located oil drain and check ports, a powerful devil .

bullrider

Threads
So far your experience is the EFI is more reliable than the engine? I bought an HF pressure washer with single carb (after some doubts). After 1 year the major issue is starting. The thing wants choke to restart hot, possibly because of the cold water pump bolted on. Probably shouldn't say this but despite the starting issue and couple awkwardly located oil drain and check ports, a powerful devil .

I haven't had it long enough to comment specifically on the EFI but Cub Cadet introduced this engine a couple years ago in the XT2 (more expensive model) and now are offering it in XT1, as well as on a twin cylinder. It's a system designed by Walbro and they have decades of EFI experience. My bad luck with the Cub engine itself seems unusual - the people at the Cub dealer all were familiar with how 'blowed up' my tractor's engine was. It obviously had a major defect from the start. If there was a problem with the basic design, after 2 or 3 years I am sure CC would have ironed it out.

https://todaysmower.com/walbro-worked-with-cub-cadet-to-launch-the-first-consumer-efi-lawn-tractor/

Everything I've ever owned with EFI has run beautifully. I can't say which vehicle was the worst running of those because none has been anything but perfect in all temps, hot starts, idling, frigid temps, they just RUN. The very idea of a 'remote starter' back in the carburetor days would have been somewhere between iffy and crazy. Now, you press a key fob button at 20 below from inside your house and your car starts up. Those of us who grew up with carb'd cars and trucks know that even for a new car, back then 20 below gave you no more than a 50% chance the engine would actually start.

I've got a pressure washer with (of course) a carburetor and for the most part it runs fine. I'm not saying a carb'd engine can't or won't run well but with my pressure washer I still have to twiddle with the choke control sometimes to make it run right even when it's warmed up.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Still waiting for feedback on the big box EFI units. Waiting....waiting. Are they so reliable no one has a problem, or is it that owners do not know they own one?:laughing:

bullrider

Threads
Still waiting for feedback on the big box EFI units. Waiting....waiting. Are they so reliable no one has a problem, or is it that owners do not know they own one?:laughing:

My 'big box' XT1LT42 with EFI has been perfect, except that the original motor blew at 3.5 hours. It had a rod knock from brand new, how it got out the factory without anyone detecting that I don't know. The replacement engine has been perfect. And the EFI is fantastic, the tractor sat all last winter with a tender on the battery, and started up in spring with about a second of cranking. It holds steady RPM's even when dragging a water-filled lawn roller up a ditch or going through heavy grass and I honestly think it uses considerably less gas than my older tractor w/ a 10hp engine.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bullrider, sorry not to respond. I was blocked from response due to "insecure site" notation , possibly by chrome? Anyway good to hear all is well with your efi portion. We still need to enliven this topic.

bullrider

Threads
I wonder if the stores have the EFI models out on display very often. The only store I regularly visit that sells Cub Cadets is Tractor Supply and I've never seen an EFI model in their parked 'fleet' out front.
Has anyone been able to determine what the HP is of this engine (the single cylinder EFI)? They never post it but it sure doesn't feel underpowered.

Chuck11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought my LX2 LT50 3 years ago with EFI, from a dealer not big box. Love it works great, no choke!