Earthquake!

Zeroturn

Threads
I live in NY and we had an earthquake today (or at least the aftermath of one). I was sitting at my desk at work and everything started to shake! It's the first ever for me and I was super scared!

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I live in NY and we had an earthquake today (or at least the aftermath of one). I was sitting at my desk at work and everything started to shake! It's the first ever for me and I was super scared!

Where in NY ? --- it's a BIG state !

173abn

Threads
I saw it on the news last night,think it was about a 5.1.been through a couple tornadoes,cyclone in vietnam,blizzards but never an earthquake.....knock on wood russ

Janie

Threads
Honestly I have never felt the earthquakes that are supposed to happen where we are. Of course our earthquakes are always minor ones. I'm sure you were scared, I would be too. Hope you have recovered from your scare.:smile:

monica123

Threads
Apparently something hit Ontario Canada too. I live on a peninsula so we seldom see tornadoes, we do get hurricanes once in a while though.

BlueGrass

Threads
I live in Michigan about 40 miles from Detroit and people felt it here too. I guess the earthquake came from Ontario, Quebec. We also had a tornado touch down here which is very weird for us. It was one of those strange weather days yesterday.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
strange weather
that is for sure... KennyV

Zeroturn

Threads
I'm upstate NY (in between Rochester and Elmira). My daughter is in Quebec with her French class. She didn't feel anything! I'm not scared anymore, I was then though!

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Here in San Diego it's not as big of a deal when the ground starts shaking. :biggrin: We just had a 5.7 about a week ago and it barely made the news. I think they're kind of fun (when they're small!).

Bessy

Threads
I have never experienced an earthquake. Years ago when I was a child in school we had a weird weather day, I remember the sky was red all day. Come to find out there was a huge forest fire a few states away that was affecting our sky.