E15 Gasoline

cashman

Threads
When you mix alcohol with orange juice, you call it a screwdriver. When you mix alcohol with tomato juice, you call it a bloody Mary. When you mix alcohol with gasoline, it's known as trouble. Legislation (HR 1315) has been introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives to prohibit the sale of E15 (gasoline that is 15% ethanol) capping the amount of ethanol that can be blended into conventional gasoline at 10%. After a decade of the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS), it has become obvious that ethanol blended fuels failed to deliver on the promises made. Causing damage to equipment and older cars and trucks, and some cases causing food prices to rise. It has had an adverse affect especially in the outdoor power industry and older specialty automobiles. Anyone that has been a part of the outdoor power industry in the past few years has seen the result of mixing alcohol with gasoline and the effect that it has had on power equipment causing corrosion in the fuel systems of lawnmowers, trimmers, chainsaws, etc. Both the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) representing the outdoor power equipment industry, and the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA) representing specialty automotive manufacturers, are among the supporters of this reform to the RFS.

NorthBama

Threads
thank you Cashman for posting this good information

TonyPrin

Threads
Cashman, you forgot to mention it will reduce postings on small engine websites by 10% and adversely impact the repair industry.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Cashman, you forgot to mention it will reduce postings on small engine websites by 10% and adversely impact the repair industry.

Maybe ...someone will tool-up and produce carburetors with ADJUSTABLE needles ..AGAIN !!
Go back to neoprene fuel hoses ....( LOL )

TonyPrin

Threads
Boobala, I've read your info but can't figure out what you have in the avatar picture. Also, I tried pasting it but can't include it here. What did you do?

Born2Mow

Threads
And motorcycles, edge trimmers, blowers... any thing that runs an internal combustion engine and is rarely used.

I quit working on classic motorcycles because 90% of my work was simply rebuilding carbs. You can only soak your hands in fuel for so long ! ?