Cub 33" WB Drive Pulley Contact with Belt Keeper

Keaveny

Forum Newbie
Threads
Apologies in advance if this has been a topic before. I did a search and couldn't find it, so...

I have a 33" Cub Cadet WB. At the end of the season last year the drive belt kept coming off. After inspection, I noticed the rear left belt keeper was scored and bent by making contact with the pulley. My younger sons use that mower, so I figured they hit something that caused the keeper to bend which caused the contact with the pulley. I ordered new belt keeper and installed this week. I still am getting contact from the pulley, and almost always only when I turn left.

The pulley that makes contact seems tight as do the other pulleys. I can't seem to find much online concerning diagnosing the issue.

Help appreciated from this newbie.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you ever changed the belt? Have you checked all mounting point for being tight? The engine bolts and drive pulleys brackets bolts. The drive its self. Check to see if anything at all is loose.

Keaveny

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you ever changed the belt? Have you checked all mounting point for being tight? The engine bolts and drive pulleys brackets bolts. The drive its self. Check to see if anything at all is loose.

I put on the belt last year and then soon after it began coming off when the belt keeper was cut in half by the continuous scoring from the pulley. I will go buy a new belt and install it, make sure everything is tight and see if that works now that I have put the new belt keeper on.

Thanks.

xander777

Forum Newbie
Threads
Apologies in advance if this has been a topic before. I did a search and couldn't find it, so...

I have a 33" Cub Cadet WB. At the end of the season last year the drive belt kept coming off. After inspection, I noticed the rear left belt keeper was scored and bent by making contact with the pulley. My younger sons use that mower, so I figured they hit something that caused the keeper to bend which caused the contact with the pulley. I ordered new belt keeper and installed this week. I still am getting contact from the pulley, and almost always only when I turn left.

The pulley that makes contact seems tight as do the other pulleys. I can't seem to find much online concerning diagnosing the issue.

Help appreciated from this newbie.

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the exact same issue.