Carb Kit From Dealer For Kohler CV16S Is Wrong

Harvis

Forum Newbie
Threads
The heading about says it all. Te kit p/n 1275703-S is not for the Walbro carb on my Kohler, Spec No.: 43526. Actually, it is my second one from the dealer. The vague info with the kit is of little help because it is wrong. I find that Stens has one, p/n: 0555-525 but it seems to be the same kit. PartsTree is wise enough not to offer a repair carb kit, but that only leaves buying a new carb. Any work arounds?

I'm thinking of drilling out the brass tube to accept the neoprene seat which will then allow the needle to sit low enough for the float to work properly. But I ain't no machinist! Any comments? I would think this is a frequent problem with these older engines.

mjb8fj

Threads
The heading about says it all. Te kit p/n 1275703-S is not for the Walbro carb on my Kohler, Spec No.: 43526. Actually, it is my second one from the dealer. The vague info with the kit is of little help because it is wrong. I find that Stens has one, p/n: 0555-525 but it seems to be the same kit. PartsTree is wise enough not to offer a repair carb kit, but that only leaves buying a new carb. Any work arounds?

I'm thinking of drilling out the brass tube to accept the neoprene seat which will then allow the needle to sit low enough for the float to work properly. But I ain't no machinist! Any comments? I would think this is a frequent problem with these older engines.

have you tried looking at Jacks small engine (.com) ? Not saying that it will be any better, but they also have a ton of diagrams there too. I have had a few craftsman mowers with the kohler engines, that worked great for years but when they brought them to me- they are missing welch plugs and other things on the inside that I wondered how they even ran. But I had to find the parts at Jacks. Hope that helps and you get your machine back to running

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
There should be a number stamped into the carb that looks something like 12 053 32 Get that number and we can look up the kit for that carb. I just went through the same thing on a kt17 with the walbro carb. Parts diagram shows one carb, but I have a different carb.