Opposed twins

hrdman2luv

Threads
I've been collecting a lot of mowers and engines lately (taking the good with the bad). And getting a lot of opposed twins. I haven't had time to check them out to know if they'll run or not. But will be soon.
Question is, since they don't make these anymore, are they worth putting any time and/or effort into, even if they are still ok? With the OHV's so readily available, I'm thinking they may only be important to people who collect antiques.
I have a 21hp briggs (oppose twin), that I love. It's a hoss. And runs very well.

What's you guys take on them?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Best engine ever made. Parts are easy to get and cheap.
If you want to sell them I can add you to a Facebook group. Guys use them on pulling mowers.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

hrdman2luv

Threads
I love mine. I think I picked up 4 this weekend. And one is side ways. The crank is horizontal. Painted catipiller yellow.

Tinkerer200

Threads
I have a few misc. parts including new sump/inspection plate gaskets for them I want to close out cheap.

Walt Conner
wconner5 at frontier dot com

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I love mine. I think I picked up 4 this weekend. And one is side ways. The crank is horizontal. Painted catipiller yellow.

They used them as starter motors on some big deisel engines.
We have a D6 with a briggs horizontal starter motor.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
They are tough engines. Just not as quiet and smooth and the new engines. I have a 21hp with 16 hp heads on it. Ups the compression

hrdman2luv

Threads
They are tough engines. Just not as quiet and smooth and the new engines. I have a 21hp with 16 hp heads on it. Ups the compression

I'll bet it's a hoss.

Doesnt that change the HP? How do you check to see how much HP one has?