2005 Hustler Super Z 60" Greaseable Spindle Bearings.......like original!

Piper5314

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2005 Hustler Super Z 60" Greaseable Spindle Bearings.......like original!
Ive got a 2005 Super Z. My deck was very noisy and my spindles have grease fittings from the factory. I have replaced the bearings before, just put them in and didn't think much about it. When I grease them, it makes no difference, so I tore the deck down to find out the bearings are steel sealed bearings, and appear to be fine. And there is no way any grease was even getting in. So I got my manual down, and ordered the exact part number the book says, I believe is #077027. The new bearing looks just like the ones I took out. I scratch my head, wondering how grease would even get in..........anyway, I put the deck together with new belts, bearings, and blades. New bearings are just as noisy as the old bearings, and pumping grease in the spindle makes no difference......like it wouldn't because grease is not getting in.

When the mower was new.......Now has a about 600 hours on the clock, the deck was nice and quiet, but it has been screaming for the last 2 or 3 years now. By the way............the bearing illustrated in the parts book shows the bearing is unsealed on one side facing the inside of the spindle. How do I find bearing I can grease?

Marty

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Just take the replacement bearings you have and pull the seal off 1 side

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ar you sure it is the spindles making the noise and not a pulley bearing ?

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Ar you sure it is the spindles making the noise and not a pulley bearing ?

Exactly ^^^^^^^ pulleys can make more noise than spindles sometimes.