Stihl FS55 bogging down

RcHE2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good afternoon everyone, new here. I have a Stihl FS55 Weed Eater that last season I lost the idle screw on it so I decided to just put a new Zama carb on it. So this year I put the new Zama pre-adjusted carb on it, replaced the fuel filter, air filter and spark plug. I also replaced the fuel in it with the premixed Stihl gas. i can get it to run but it is very touchy. If I have the choke off it will idle for a bit but as soon as I go to give it throttle it sounds like i bogs down and turns off. The only way I have been able to get it to run is on half choke, a little closer to full and the throttle is still very touchy. If I find the sweet spot it is fine but if I still give i to much it starts to bog down, I go back to idle and then find the special spot again. I have already gone through the spark arrestor and it is clean. Any ideas on where to start? Thank you!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like you are sucking air from behind the carb or you have the fuel lines backwards.

RcHE2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like you are sucking air from behind the carb or you have the fuel lines backwards.

I will try swapping the gas lines tomorrow and seeing what happens. Sucking air from where the gasket it? I can check that too but I didn't see any problems with that when I checked it before.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tighten mounting screws for the carb. You can also spray wd40 around the gasket area and if any change in rpm then you have a leak.