Motor swap

twall06

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a husqvarna someone has offered me for free of course the motor is blown. It is a YTH21K46 engine model PS-SV610-0212 from what i can find i think the shaft is 1"x 3 5/32. I have another motor but it is from a craftsman gt5000 with a kohler 25hp with a shaft size of 1 1/8 x 4 3/8 is there anyway to get this motor to work on the husqvarna or is it just not possible. Thanks for any input I have very little knowledge beside changing oil and blades.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not without using a different engine drive pulley, and electric clutch if it has one. Also I suspect the 25 is a twin cylinder, so also different exhaust also. May be able to use the clutch and pulley off of the craftsman. As well as the exhaust.

twall06

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not without using a different engine drive pulley, and electric clutch if it has one. Also I suspect the 25 is a twin cylinder, so also different exhaust also. May be able to use the clutch and pulley off of the craftsman. As well as the exhaust.

It is a twin cylinder. I will have to check the husqavarna to see about the clutch I have all the parts to the craftsman I know it has an electric clutch thanks.