Briggs and Stratton 14 hp vanguard v twin

Ksbeerhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a BCS tiller with a vanguard 14 hp v twin engine. It does not have an oil filter and I want to get the correct adapter to add a spin on filter. Engine has a plate for the adapter and it is on the opposite side of the exhaust. I looked on the B&S site and the adapter they say fits does not appear to have any mail threads on the adapter to screw on a filter. Is there more parts that I am not aware of?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a BCS tiller with a vanguard 14 hp v twin engine. It does not have an oil filter and I want to get the correct adapter to add a spin on filter. Engine has a plate for the adapter and it is on the opposite side of the exhaust. I looked on the B&S site and the adapter they say fits does not appear to have any mail threads on the adapter to screw on a filter. Is there more parts that I am not aware of?

Without being able to see the "adapter" I would venture to say all you would need is a threaded nipple to insert into the adapter for the fiter to screw on... Several briggs twins came with a "cover-plate" which can be removed to do just that. Boobala

hrdman2luv

Threads

I started to go down that road once. But then decided to just change the oil more often. I started using Mobil 1 synthetic. 10w 40. With that, I can still just change it once a year.