Engine Tb635ec fuel line help

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boobala, The primer appears to connect to the top housing of the trimmer. And MTD shows the primer NA on the parts diagram. the TB635ec has a full model number of 41ADZ63T766. Be aware this is the AC8 engine not the AC3 that you keep referencing.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boobala, The primer appears to connect to the top housing of the trimmer. And MTD shows the primer NA on the parts diagram. the TB635ec has a full model number of 41ADZ63T766. Be aware this is the AC8 engine not the AC3 that you keep referencing.

Hey there IL ...
I've been all over Hells Half ACRE researching this ...... troybilt, mtd, ereplacementparts, partstree, etc.etc.etc.
Ac1 AC3 AC10 ..,,http://support.mtdproducts.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10584 (see bottom of page.. handhelds)
even if its remote, what the hell is a third port for ..??? I cant see where it would go after looking at all this stuff and the you-tubes ...this is 1 reason I ALWAYS stress to folks to take pics !!!

primer P/N= 731-08319
carb P/N = 753-08323
model # = 41ADZ63C766 ( what I found)

primerbulb120

Threads
After some thought and research, I think I've figured out the 3 port setup. :cool:

This trimmer has no choke. Read the owner's manual, there is NO MENTION of a choke. Pictures in the owner's manual do not show a choke either. Because it has no choke, there has to be a way to richen the fuel-to-air ratio for a cold start. Enter the 3 port primer. In addition to purging air from the carb and fuel lines, it sends a small quantity of fuel into the carb throat via the 3rd port on the carb. (Or it may send air to the carb and actuate a diaphragm or pump that sends fuel to the carb throat.) Anyway, it somehow causes fuel to be put in the carb throat, regardless of how it does this. If you look at the position of the 3rd port on the carb, you will see that it is located up top near the carb throat, while the other two are nearer to the bottom of the carb.

Problem solved. :wink:

Feazels: Connect the fuel lines like I showed in my picture earlier. That should be the correct setup. :thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The three nipple primer came up in my last MTD update, but we didn't discuss the ins and outs of how it works. and I didn't find any reference to it in the AC8 manual.

Gees , that was helpful, do those updates cost a lot ?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bert it cost $60 and they provide lunch. Starts normally at 9 am and we are normally done sometime around 2 pm. I find most update schools to be a waste of time, but they make us go to maintain active status.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Gees , that was helpful, do those updates cost a lot ?

Knowing Bert , and only guessing ... I detect a very, very, slight bit of sarcasm...over that up-date class (LOL)
No offense Bert ...NO offense IL !!! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing: ...Boobala

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Knowing Bert , and only guessing ... I detect a very, very, slight bit of sarcasm...over that up-date class (LOL)
No offense Bert ...NO offense IL !!! ..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing: ...Boobala

Well there was a bit of both.
I mean to tell you they have a new system then not tell you how it fix it or even how it works is a bit lame.
O did the Kohler certification thing, got a perfect score then attempeted to get a certficate & open an account.
Neither were available to me unless I have a shop front.
Briggs took a booking for their course thne told me I was not allowed to attend as I had to be already attached to an authorised B & S dealer. or was that BS dealer.

darko21

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replaced the carb, fuel lines, and bulb. Like a fool I do not remember nor did I write down how everything hooks back up. The carb has 1 nipple on the top and a straight and curved nipple on bottom. The bulb has three nipples with a shorter one and a longer one on the outer circumference and a longer one in the middle. PLEASE HELP!

hey can you please provide the Sizes of the diameter of the lines and how far in the tank should it enter? thanks