New 40 volt lithium-ion battery self-propelled lawn mower from Greenworks

dougmacm

Threads
  • / New 40 volt lithium-ion battery self-propelled lawn mower from Greenworks
Did a bagging comparison test this weekend with the 40V 21" Greenworks vs. my 10525 Rear Bagger Lawn-Boy.

Reason I did this quick test was after two weeks of bagging, it seemed that the Greenworks 21" Rear Bagger held more grass than the L-B so with my wife running the GW and I running the L-B I figured the easiest way to compare bag capacities was to dump a couple of each into a Ryobi AC04313 Pop-Up Lawn & Leaf bag and measure the settled depth of grass. The inside diameter of this thing is about 21.5".

10525 with full 100-6362 bag of grass settled in at about 8" of depth at 21.5" dia. ... with simple math this calculates out to:
2639.17 cu-in = 1.53 cu-ft or 1.24 bushels which is less than 1/2 of L-B's published 2.5 bushels.

And YES, I was right the GW bag was 12" of grass depth at 21.5" dia. (50% more) or:
3958.8 cu-in = 2.29 cu-ft or 1.86 bushels.

This was really thick & green grass, so maybe the L-B 2.5 Bushel spec is for really dry grass !!

Don't think I've ever seen a "published capacity" for the Greenworks bag … anyone else know or seen it listed somewhere ??

Doug

MowerMike

Threads
I've never seen the bag capacity listed for the 21" Greenworks either, however, the 21" 82 volt Snapper bag capacity is listed at 1.6 Bushels. Since the Snapper is just a rebranded Greenworks, I would believe that the bag capacities are about the same. The problem with your test is that the clippings get compressed when you transfer them to the barrel, so the resulting volume will be smaller.

Last edited:

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
you could cut the bottom off an empty gallon jug, count how many to fill each bag with packing peanuts - compute percent difference?

But, then you've got those dang packing peanuts all over the place!