New 40 volt lithium-ion battery self-propelled lawn mower from Greenworks

MowerMike

Threads
  • / New 40 volt lithium-ion battery self-propelled lawn mower from Greenworks
Amazon had a few of the 40volt self propelled Greenworks mowers for sale today at $99.99
It must be a last of the line clearance or a pricing error.
I got one on order before it switched back to No Longer Available.
I won't have a review for a few months.

Interesting. I had signed up for an email alert for when this mower became available, and never received one. That price sounds really fishy. Are you sure you were on the real Amazon website ?

TonyLawnMan

Threads
I had also signed up for an alert from Amazon and got an e-mail this morning. It would be a little difficult to believe that someone was impersonating Amazon and knew what item I was waiting on an availability alert. I agree though that the price seems incorrect. I just logged in and verified that my account has all of my prior orders and also today's order. I should really know for certain by Friday because I am still feeling a bit skeptical myself.

MowerMike

Threads
I had also signed up for an alert from Amazon and got an e-mail this morning. It would be a little difficult to believe that someone was impersonating Amazon and knew what item I was waiting on an availability alert. I agree though that the price seems incorrect. I just logged in and verified that my account has all of my prior orders and also today's order. I should really know for certain by Friday because I am still feeling a bit skeptical myself.

Strange that you got an email but I did not. I just checked the listing and my alert is still there, but no email in my mailbox. Are you a Prime member ? If so, maybe they give preference to Prime members, or maybe they just send emails out in order of receiving alert requests, or maybe there are two different Amazons in parallel universes. Anyway, I hope you luck out and get the mower at that price.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I have a camelcamelcamel alert set for the ball-bearing wheeled 40V g-max mower.

I am a Prime member, dunno how to set Amazon alerts though...

MowerMike

Threads
I have a camelcamelcamel alert set for the ball-bearing wheeled 40V g-max mower.

I am a Prime member, dunno how to set Amazon alerts though...

Go to the listing. If it is out of stock and not currently available, it will show a button for an email alert. If it is out of stock, but orders are being accepted, it will not show an alert button. Which model are you interested in buying, 20” push, 21” push or 21” self-propelled ?

TonyLawnMan

Threads
The mower did arrive. Of course at $99.99 it did not include a battery or charger. I only ran it long enough to be sure that it works and it does. The drive mechanism does not seem to fully disengage like the Ego mower, but I will need more time to try that again.
I'm mostly curious to compare how quickly I go through the charge on a (148 actual) 160 watt hour (40volt 4 amp hour) battery using the self propelled function when I know how quickly I go through the 420 watt hour Ego version already. At least there is a storage spot on board for a second battery, but no auto switching.
Real world testing this Spring.

MowerMike

Threads
The mower did arrive. Of course at $99.99 it did not include a battery or charger. I only ran it long enough to be sure that it works and it does. The drive mechanism does not seem to fully disengage like the Ego mower, but I will need more time to try that again.
I'm mostly curious to compare how quickly I go through the charge on a (148 actual) 160 watt hour (40volt 4 amp hour) battery using the self propelled function when I know how quickly I go through the 420 watt hour Ego version already. At least there is a storage spot on board for a second battery, but no auto switching.
Real world testing this Spring.

That price is still amazing ! They are currently listing it at $312.02. How difficult is it to remove a 4 Ah battery ?

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
the 20" one has the ball-bearing wheels right?

model MO40L00

I'd like to get a price under $185 - 190 or so....

MowerMike

Threads
the 20" one has the ball-bearing wheels right?

model MO40L00

I'd like to get a price under $185 - 190 or so....

Yes. Both the 20” and 21” models have ball bearing wheels, 8” in front and 10” in back. I have seen it selling in that price range. Just put it in your cart and then move to “Save for later.” Periodically check your cart to see if the price has changed.

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
Amazon shows some in their 'warehouse' with notes about cosmetic problems - seem cheap enough at 135....

anyone know just how severe damage is to stuff like that? did they just get scratched-up?