Big Box Store Lawn Tractors

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I will tell you what my local dealer told me once. (John Deere) Yes it has JD name. Yes it has JD green paint. No they won't do the warranty work for the big box stores. He said they are constructed to a lower quality. True or not . I don't know. I don't like JD products. I'm running 3 crews
We have been all toro and all Maruyama for years. This year I couldn't get my dealer to work with me like he had in the past. So I purchased a new bobcat pro cat. From a different dealer. They bent over backwards to take care of my needs.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will tell you what my local dealer told me once. (John Deere) Yes it has JD name. Yes it has JD green paint. No they won't do the warranty work for the big box stores. He said they are constructed to a lower quality. True or not . I don't know. I don't like JD products. I'm running 3 crews
We have been all toro and all Maruyama for years. This year I couldn't get my dealer to work with me like he had in the past. So I purchased a new bobcat pro cat. From a different dealer. They bent over backwards to take care of my needs.

I had a JD dealer tell me once that they wouldn't warranty items sold at Home Depot. Until I called corporate, and asked them why their dealers refuse to do warranty work on their products sold at Home Depot or from other dealers. About half hour later the dealer called me and said they would take care of any warranty issues I may have. JD dealers are required by contract to service and repair all items manufactured by JD no matter were sold. It is a requirement of their contract with JD.

csmlet

Threads
I had a JD dealer tell me once that they wouldn't warranty items sold at Home Depot. Until I called corporate, and asked them why their dealers refuse to do warranty work on their products sold at Home Depot or from other dealers. About half hour later the dealer called me and said they would take care of any warranty issues I may have. JD dealers are required by contract to service and repair all items manufactured by JD no matter were sold. It is a requirement of their contract with JD.

My old 2009 John Deere LA 115 lawn tractor came from a box store and had a sticker affixed to it from the local John Deere service center stating they were the local servicing center for warranty repairs. Got it repaired there twice during the warranty period without any trouble. They just told me as I stated earlier they would repair their own first before the ones not bought from them. This is understandable.

Rickcin

Threads

That makes sense, how could an authorized dealer refuse to service a product manufacturered by a product they make.

I would like to find out if Cub Cadet or Husqvarna are made differently for Lowes or Home Depot!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
That makes sense, how could an authorized dealer refuse to service a product manufacturered by a product they make. I would like to find out if Cub Cadet or Husqvarna are made differently for Lowes or Home Depot!
They are made at the same place buy a same people they are exactly the same in a big box store as they are from a dealer

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

csmlet

Threads
They are made at the same place buy a same people they are exactly the same in a big box store as they are from a dealer

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Just verified this from the local John Deere and Cub Cadet dealers

Rickcin

Threads
It still might be better to purchase from a dealer since if the box store does not set it up properly with the deck, belts, etc, there could be a problem down the road.

I would be interested to see the price difference.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The smoke is beginning to clear some but I suspect there will always be smoldering embers from those without any concrete facts that just like to blow smoke. Please give those folks a little break being it's a birth defect, called diarrhea mouth, rather than a disease that can be cured. :laughing:

csmlet

Threads
It still might be better to purchase from a dealer since if the box store does not set it up properly with the deck, belts, etc, there could be a problem down the road.

I would be interested to see the price difference.

I agree wholeheartedly, always better to buy from a dealer, imo. The price is the same around here, except I could get a 10% military discount from Lowe's and HD. But went with the dealer because of the service.