HRX217HYA handle bar replacement

boydanny

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had to replace a damaged upper handle on hrx217hya now I forgot how to put the order of parts back on roto stop and lever clutch handle can anyone please help things like lever lock, spring r stop return, dtc

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is from the shop manual:

33222354370_b6f74323f2_o.png

Sparkland

Threads
Robert beat me to it. I enclosed a pic of my mower handle for your perusal. Hope this helps and you get it back together.

Last edited:

boydanny

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks spark for sending the picture it was helpfull

boydanny

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Robert this is just what I needed

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just out of curosity did your break at the left side bend with a crack initating at the end of the weld for the lever pivots ?
I have replaced 3 of these in the last 3 years with a fatigue crack at this spot.
IF so you might have a warranty claim for the new bars.
There might be a design defect with the weld position or a manufacturing defect requiring some post welding heat treatment to stress relieve the bend.
All of mine had exactly the same crack, running around the edge of the necked portion of the bend and they were a perfect fatigue crack.

My customers were not interested in persuing a claim as they are all commercial mowing contractors so they just wanted them fixed quickly and were happy to wear the replacement costs.
But down here you could buy a cheap ( and nasty ) mower for the price of the replacement bars.

GregW_Oregon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: HRX217HXA RotoStop control lever replacement

I had to replace the RotoStop Control Lever on my 2004 HRX217HXA but cannot figure out how to install the return spring. Does someone have a close up photo of this, please? Thanks, Greg

evawter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Make sure the cable attaches to the correct side of the Blade Control Cable Arm. Otherwise the blade will not engage.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 18