72" powerfold Grasshopper deck

Meterman93

Threads
Hello, I have been recently looking at a replacement mower. Does any of you use the 72" powerfold deck? I am looking to buy one with the 725DT6 power unit and powervac collector. It looks to be very well made. I mow as a contractor for our school district. About 5 acres here this includes our football field. I have talked with several Grasshopper dealers and they said that 725DT6 will run that 72" with no problems. Right now I have a 721D with a 61" deck and vacuum collector. what are your thoughts??

Meterman93

Threads
Wow! No Grasshopper 72" deck users out there? Hard to believe

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are some contractors and large property owners here that might use a 72 inch grasshopper deck but it's mostly homeowners here using smaller mowers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you get to 6' you are usually talking golf courses, cemetaries & government sports field.
They either have in house factory trained technicians or send them out for servicing.
A 6' deck makes them too wide for most trailers so moving them becomes a flat bed tilt tray operation or custom built trailer so not many contractors use the full 6' decks.
We have very few here who post that run anything wider than 50"

173abn

Threads
I have a 61" on my mower. A 6 foot deck would be way too big getting around trees and other things in my acreage. I can see where that big of deck would be useful if you don't have many obstacles to mow around...russ

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 61" on my mower. A 6 foot deck would be way too big getting around trees and other things in my acreage. I can see where that big of deck would be useful if you don't have many obstacles to mow around...russ

I live in "Horse-Country" ( Ocala Florida ) a lot of places have Squre MILES instead of Square ACRES, some places use multiple "Gang-Style mowers !

LMFWally

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow! No Grasshopper 72" deck users out there? Hard to believe

I just joined this forum and noticed your inquiry. I do have a 72" powerfold deck that I use on my property. I live on my farm and have a very large yard. The 72" powerfold deck works excellent, but my mower is a 930D2 model, so I can't give you any advise on how your size mower will work with the 72", but I would bet it could handle it ok, I would ask Grasshopper first. As far as my experience goes with this 72" deck I can tell you it cuts very well and fast I compare it to having a Corvette with blades! Hope this helps.

BWH

Threads
Hello, I have been recently looking at a replacement mower. Does any of you use the 72" powerfold deck? I am looking to buy one with the 725DT6 power unit and powervac collector. It looks to be very well made. I mow as a contractor for our school district. About 5 acres here this includes our football field. I have talked with several Grasshopper dealers and they said that 725DT6 will run that 72" with no problems. Right now I have a 721D with a 61" deck and vacuum collector. what are your thoughts??

Sounds like your mowing mainly flat open areas, with that in mind the 725DT6 will work great. Where a person would get in trouble would be mowing side hills due to the weight of the deck. Definitely would be very efficient on the football field. As far as mowing around obstacles (trees, landscape) I've had 42/48/52/61" decks and as long as you maintain traction as to not tear up turf the 61" actually gets around obstacles better than the smaller decks.

cambre

Threads
I have a 72" powerfold 725DT. So easy to sharpen blades, clean under deck etc. Its great.