72" powerfold Grasshopper deck

jrgriffith

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am running the 72" power fold deck and a vac pickup. One of my problems is mowing grader slopes and getting the same cut height, when mowing in the other direction, where the cut lines meet. Another problem I am having is, there is sometimes a small ridge of cut grass clippings left on the right side of the mower. If anyone has ideas on how to correct my problems, please let me know.

Meterman93

Threads
Are you using the deck mount floating bushings? What kind of blades are you using? I use medium lift when using the vac. I’ve never had any clippings left on either side of my 72” deck. You might want to make sure your PTO shaft is turning 3100 RPM

jrgriffith

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the information. I am using the Grasshopper medium lift blades. Not sure about the bushing, I will learn what they are. As for the PTO speed, how does one tell what speed it is running? I do run the Grasshopper at full speed, but I do not know what that is.

Meterman93

Threads
Those floating bushings will allow the deck to “float” side to side to prevent scalping and uneven cutting. A must for a 72” deck operated on uneven terrain. Contact your dealer they are about 4 or 5 dollars a piece? As for RPM’s what power unit are you using? I have a 725DT. No load RPM’s is 3600. With the PTO running full load is 3100 RPM. Use a tachometer to determine these settings. Very easy to do. If you don’t have one of these you can purchase one at any of your local auto parts stores. I can get you a NAPA part if you would like.