Echo TC210 Run Problems

glimfeather

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got an Echo TC210 Tiller. Purchased it last year and used it to till a small garden and it worked great. Left it outside up against the house in a somewhat sheltered area but it has a little exposure. This season, I'm having a hard time keeping it running. I did leave some fuel in it over the season - stupid, I know. Don't know why I did that as I always run my gas out on my other equipment.... I have been able to get it started and have begun to start tilling, however after about 2-3 minutes the tiller does not turn and then the engine will bog down and die. Can restart after that but same problem - tines won't rotate and then the engine bogs down. The motor also will not start without fulling depressing the throttle. Do I need to make some carb adjustments for the starting problem? But what about it stopping after a few minutes?

Thanks!

upupandaway

Threads
You say "will not start without fulling depressing the throttle". u mean the primer right??

Being only a year old, possibly not so great gas , dump it. when you are dumping it, press the primer to purge gas out of the carb and hoses as much as you can. When u prime it, also hold it so that the gas flows to the air filter and not in to flood the motor. It may likely not purr like a cat for a few seconds if there is still some bad gas in the carb as it recovers.

Personally, being treated gas, I think a carb adj would be the more likely culprit and need more gas but change the fuel so that you know are working with a clean slate then adj the carb if still prob.

Jack17

Threads
Check the muffler spark arrestor first.