A Man's Quest For The perfect Gas Can

plumtree

Forum Newbie
Threads
I work at a company that markets plastic/gas can accessories. I will suggest sourcing replacement gaskets.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I work at a company that markets plastic/gas can accessories. I will suggest sourcing replacement gaskets.

You do not need to tell anyone here that.
We already know you are using this forum to sell your stuff without doing the HONEST thing and paying for advertising on the site.
A new member who does not own a mower, annoys the crap out of forum members by posting on threads that are 3 years old to draw attention to your products.
You will not make any friends here doing this.
Spammers ( that is you )
And Ambush advertising ( you again ) are not tollerated so expect to see the moderators remove all of your postings.

A single post in the equipment section is appreciated, bombing every section is not.

Threads
I just joined and the second forum subject i read is about Gas Cans and somebody from Australia post negatively about a guy simply responding to the starters plea for someone to make available aftermarket gaskets and the guy from Australia is wanting to have him banned for a whole host of incorrect reasons such as replying to 3 year old threads to promote his business. He said he works at this place does not own it and the tread is only a year old. Makes me want to just cancel my subscription due to people like bertsmobil1.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just joined and the second forum subject i read is about Gas Cans and somebody from Australia post negatively about a guy simply responding to the starters plea for someone to make available aftermarket gaskets and the guy from Australia is wanting to have him banned for a whole host of incorrect reasons such as replying to 3 year old threads to promote his business. He said he works at this place does not own it and the tread is only a year old. Makes me want to just cancel my subscription due to people like bertsmobil1.

bertsmoble1 pointing out exactly what he was doing. Nothing wrongwith that. It is truth. None of the regulars or the forum owner likes spammers and that is what was happening. You will notice he posted exactly 6 post. That is exactly enough to put a web link up. Imagine that.

SidecarFlip

Threads
I keep nursing my old, obsolete Blitz cans. I did buy one of those new ones with the push to fill spout and it actually works well, much better than the cheaper spill all over EPA mandated internal vented spouts. I think someone at the EPA was having a bad dream on that one. They are junk and a fire hazard.

I also have a commercial Eagle (Just-Rite) metal gas can with a flip up metal lid that works well too.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Threads
bertsmoble1 pointing out exactly what he was doing. Nothing wrong with that. It is truth. None of the regulars or the forum owner likes spammers and that is what was happening. You will notice he posted exactly 6 post. That is exactly enough to put a web link up. Imagine that.

Maybe I am missing something here but when or where did he mention the name of the company and did he provide contact information. If he did not mention the company name then how is he advertising for his business/company to sell anything. I own a manufacturing company "has nothing to do with mowers at this time" but I am considering building a multi deck mower for my personal use and is one of the reasons why I joined the site was to see what others have done. Thanks for being vigilant in keeping the spammers out,I just dont see where this guy did anything wrong.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe I am missing something here but when or where did he mention the name of the company and did he provide contact information. If he did not mention the company name then how is he advertising for his business/company to sell anything. I own a manufacturing company "has nothing to do with mowers at this time" but I am considering building a multi deck mower for my personal use and is one of the reasons why I joined the site was to see what others have done. Thanks for being vigilant in keeping the spammers out,I just dont see where this guy did anything wrong.

Click on his name on his post then choose "View Forum Post" Read what he says on each post then notice that on the sixth and final post he included a link to a website. One of the things you start to notice is a spammer. They have a pictural way of posting.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Dear Dragracer,
Firstly this is an open public web forum that is worldwide if it offends you that an australian posts here or that he has the nerve to critise an American then that is your problem.
You can stay or go it will not make a rinkled rats rectum of a difference to the operation of the forum.
My post might have been the second one you saw on this day but I saw all 6 of plumtree's posts the day he posted them, all on old closed threads.
The fact that I just happened to be the first one to call him out is just a matter of time differences. I am on line while most of the USA is making ZZZ's
Had he posted earlier then one of your flag waving , patriots would have beaten me to it.
The fact that you have only posted on this thread and not on any of the threads in the "build it yourself " section of the forum or even in the introduce yourself section can only make one wonder if you are perhaps in cahoots with Mr Plumtree.
Most people who want information or ideas ask for it, usually in their introduction post, which I see you have not done.
FWIW I have a few U-Tube channels that earn me money but if you check my posts you will never find a mention of them because I respect the NO ADVERTISING rules.
I do not advertise my repair business here nor solicit customers from this site. In fact a large number of the regular posters work for or own repair shops but very few provide any link to them, a common courtsey on web forums.
IF Plumtree wanted to use Lawnworld to alert people to a new product line then all he had to do is ask permission of the moderators then they will decide if he should pay for advertising and if the product is any good they will review it in the main web site and alert all subscribers to its existance which is a darn good service for a small manufacturer trying to get a product off the ground.

Regular forum users, such as myself use the "new posts since last visit" function to keep abrest of the entire site.
So when some one bombs the site by adding a post to 6 threads that have been dormant for between 17 months and 3 years it sticks out like dogs balls.
Further more he was called out on 26 days ago and has made no attempt to countermand my post or in fact make any other post full stop.
Now if you take the time to check all of his posts you will see the times they were posted and in the final one he added a live link for a site selling fuel cans.
I have not bothered to go back & check to see if it is still there , if not then the moderators have edited it out.

The moderators provided a specific section for alerting people to new products https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/forumdisplay.php/58-Equipment-News
And a single post there would have been appreciated but that is one place the Plumtree did not post.