Mower Deck Leveling

Fishingrodburner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone. I'm having a hard time leveling the deck on my cub cadet GT1554. I have been using this mower for about 10 years. Recently I noticed that it's not cutting evenly. I do not have a level surface which seems to be required in all the leveling guides I have read. Does anyone know of a different method that doesn't require a level surface? Thank you for any help in this matter.

Jack17

Threads
Check tire pressure. Use a torpedo level. Short levels work best. Put it on the flat part of a mower first. Like the plate that engine mounts to. Memorize where bubble is. Now turn the blade closest to the deck discharge perpendicular to the mower and stick level onto the flat part of a blade. Adjust deck level accordingly to the bubble making sure that matches first measurement. Might need to use a small mirror to see it better underneath.

Fishingrodburner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check tire pressure. Use a torpedo level. Short levels work best. Put it on the flat part of a mower first. Like the plate that engine mounts to. Memorize where bubble is. Now turn the blade closest to the deck discharge perpendicular to the mower and stick level onto the flat part of a blade. Adjust deck level accordingly to the bubble making sure that matches first measurement. Might need to use a small mirror to see it better underneath.

Thanks a lot for the tip. I'll give it a try.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I do all my leveling on my flatbed trailer.
It was ( still is ) a motorcycle trailer so I filled in the space between the channels so now it is flat with grooves.
Not only does it give me a flat surface to work from but it also is knee high so it is easy to access and even easier on the back to do the adjustments.