Mountfield section ?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Since my purchase of a Mountfield mower, I've noticed there isn't a Mountfield section on the forum.

Is this because Mountfield is owned by a parent company which is on the forum ? If so, what company is it ?

Last edited:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I've done my research, and the parent company is "Global Garden Products" - Home - Global Garden Products

As for the engine, they do use B&S and Honda, but my particular mower has an RS100 engine made by Mountfield themselves.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
All of the mowers I have seen on line with the Mountfield name look to be Very high quality... Wish there were that quality in the mowers sold here in the states. :smile:KennyV

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
All of the mowers I have seen on line with the Mountfield name look to be Very high quality... Wish there were that quality in the mowers sold here in the states. :smile:KennyV
Trust me, they are very high quality!

My Mountfield is the second cheapest Mountfield on sale, and its polypropylene deck is thick, and feels like it'd take a sledgehammer to crack it!

If you look closely at the picture of the SP414, you will notice the front of the deck also has a handle which makes tipping the mower back for cleaning etc is much safer, compared to a "normal" mower where you would have to pull it up by putting your hand very near the blade on the main deck.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm curious about the Mountfield engine that's on your mower. Where is it made? Could you take a picture? It's four-stroke -- right?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I'm curious about the Mountfield engine that's on your mower. Where is it made? Could you take a picture? It's four-stroke -- right?
The engine was made by a company called SUMEC, in... China! Yep, China...

However, the engine runs great! So it must be one of China's good products!

Here are three pictures which show different angles of the engine:

Picture024.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture021.jpg

I love that chrome cover with OHV engraved on it :)

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Since my purchase of a Mountfield mower, I've noticed there isn't a Mountfield section on the forum.

Is this because Mountfield is owned by a parent company which is on the forum ? If so, what company is it ?

Have never seen the Mountfield name before, thanks for the pics of your mower. The deck looks almost like molded plastic, almost no seams. The wheels too are unique. How much does it weigh? And how does the self-propelled work...belt or gear? Appears to be rear drive.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It seems that the forum has a lot on the larger rider mowers and equipment used in the US. The reason is that in the US we have a lot of large lawns. I agree they should start something on small walk behind mowers and mowers of differant parts of the world. That Mountfield sure looks like a nice unit and better then the walk behind throw away mowers we sell over here in US. I know I sure would like more on mowers of the world.