Fuel Is there a replacement Vac Attack 2 Carb out there?

Mr. Farknocker

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Is there a replacement Vac Attack 2 Carb out there?
I have a Homelite VAC Attack 2 (UT08546) leaf blower that won't stay running unless I push the primer bulb every few seconds.

I've soaked the carb in carb cleaner and purged the orifices with compressed air several times and even changed all of the gaskets twice. I've also changed the fuel lines, fuel filter and primer bulb to no avail. There's some amount of resistance when pulling fuel through the primer bulb but I think that's just normal. I tried bypassing the bulb by plumbing the line straight from the fuel tank to the carb with some difficulty (due to the inability to draw fuel into the lines) but have had no success. I think the carb is just junk. The carb (Walbro WYC-10, #308429001) is discontinued and no longer available so I'm thinking about using a substitute carb. Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem is and if not, whether there is a substitute carb that might work?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Is there a replacement Vac Attack 2 Carb out there?
Go to the walbro web site.
In the bottom right hand corner of the diaphragm carb section is a link to their technical manuals ( where they hope you won't find them ).
Your carb is suffering from a pump failure.
It could be the pump diaphragm
It could be the impulse line
It could be the engine intake gasket.

upupandaway

Threads
I have a Homelite VAC Attack 2 (UT08546) ... substitute carb. Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem is and if not, whether there is a substitute carb that might work?

For starters, the black part on top that connects to the throttle cable and it has the vertical "barrel", this piece likely fits current wy carbs. Remove this piece and post the diameter of the barrel and a pic of the screw placement. I can see if it fits the wy carbs I have sitting around.
Many carbs will fit and work but the throttle link is the catch.

Also, run a quick test- disconnect the hose from carb (the hose that fuel flows up to the carb in). Gently prime it and when gas overflows stop and watch if the gas goes back down the hose into the tank. While u replaced the lines, a leak in the the cap letting air out of the tank can also explain your needing to prime to keep it running. If the cap top center is wet with gas, u need to replace it.

Last edited:

primerbulb120

Threads
Here's a replacement carb from Mowers4u. http://www.mowers4u.com/308429001-walbro-wyc10-carburetor-homelite-attack-p-2196.html

I've ordered from them before. Shipping takes forever, but the prices and customer service are good. You might want to call before ordering to make sure they can get the part, they may be unable to get it now that it's been discontinued.

As for a substitute carb, I've successfully installed this carb on a blower similar to yours: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-5300718...462506?hash=item4acd08716a:g:f4QAAOxy3zNSn5gY It's for a Weed Eater Featherlite FL20.

I made a few modifications, but it fit. After installing it, I had to adjust it. After that, the blower ran great. If you don't know how to adjust a 2-cycle carb, don't try this.

Mr. Farknocker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's a replacement carb from Mowers4u. http://www.mowers4u.com/308429001-walbro-wyc10-carburetor-homelite-attack-p-2196.html

I've ordered from them before. Shipping takes forever, but the prices and customer service are good. You might want to call before ordering to make sure they can get the part, they may be unable to get it now that it's been discontinued.

As for a substitute carb, I've successfully installed this carb on a blower similar to yours: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-5300718...462506?hash=item4acd08716a:g:f4QAAOxy3zNSn5gY It's for a Weed Eater Featherlite FL20.

I made a few modifications, but it fit. After installing it, I had to adjust it. After that, the blower ran great. If you don't know how to adjust a 2-cycle carb, don't try this.

I appreciate the info.

~F

another retired guy

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Homelite Yard Broom II (UT 08514) needed the same discontinued Walbro carburetor 308429001 and I bought 308028004 which bolted right on and runs just fine out of the box. The only problem was the new carburetor has a red lever for holding the throttle speed up that interfered with my choke lever, so I drove the red lever out with a screwdriver and a small hammer.