Vintage QT-16 Bolens

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Health - Etc.....

Geez, I'm sitting here feeling pretty d&mn good about how lucky I've been after reading the last two posts. Worst thing I've done is mangle two fingers on each hand (at two different times) with two different routers. I learned that when you went to shop class in school and they told you to keep your hands away from rotating machinery, they weren't kidding! Especially machinery with sharp blades rotating at 30K RPMS!

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN0166_098.jpg
    DSCN0166_098.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 14

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Yeah, I know it's the wrong kind of tractor to post here, but I shuffled the Bolens off on the kids to repair..

Merry Christmas to all....

Roger

Attachments

• DSCN1788_765.jpg
    DSCN1788_765.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 13

BWH

Threads
Roger B That's a cool picture.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wishing ALL a MERRY CHRISTMAS and ..... we are finally gonna have a GREAT !!! New Year !!
Please be safe and thoughtful ........throughout through this Holiday Season ......... Boobala

.SUPER SANTA.jpg

The "ol boy" is gettin that new sleigh ready .........it won't be long now !! ..:cool2:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
View attachment 30653

The "ol boy" is gettin that new sleigh ready .........it won't be long now !! ..:cool2:

Boo-Boo,

Man you've got a thing for small packages with V-8 engines in them! From lawn mowers to sleighs!

Bert's sent me a complete manual on the QT-1600 Bolens. Now all I have to do is figure out how to copy it all (8MB) onto a memory stick so the guys can have it at their disposal. Or maybe I'll just print it out! I called this morning and let them know I had it. They were all excited..

Temps going down to zero over night here for the next couple of days, shouldn't get that cold right along the coast, probably in the single digits though.

Stay warm!!

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Roger B That's a cool picture.

BWH - Which picture, the Christmas one, or the one of my fingers all chewed up?? . . . LOL

Thanks buddy, I'm just yankin' yer chain...

Merry Christmas to you and yours...

Roger

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Boo-Boo,

Man you've got a thing for small packages with V-8 engines in them! From lawn mowers to sleighs!

Bert's sent me a complete manual on the QT-1600 Bolens. Now all I have to do is figure out how to copy it all (8MB) onto a memory stick so the guys can have it at their disposal. Or maybe I'll just print it out! I called this morning and let them know I had it. They were all excited..

Temps going down to zero over night here for the next couple of days, shouldn't get that cold right along the coast, probably in the single digits though.

Stay warm!!

Roger

If you don't have a PDF editor, hit the print button, then select one section in the print range and save as a PDF.
Just remember the pages are numbered from 1 to whatever so the first page is the Dealer nation advert.
Most of the mower parts are the same as on the GT series which is why that was included so they will really need all 3 files.
Whoever scanned them did a good job with white point adjustment & bleed through but the page orientation is shocking .
I did try to print out a copy but the edges kept on getting chopped off so it is one of "those" projects to open up every page in an editing app and correct the skew.

Four years ago when I bought the repair run, I thought I had all the info I would even need on an old laptop with a 20gig disc and a 4 drawer filing cabinet of paper copies .:confused3:
I now have an old mac in the workshop with a very long ethernet lead from the main computer 275 Gig latter I am still adding to it daily , the second cabinet is nearly full and I still spend a few hours per day chasing up IPLs. :thumbdown:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boo-Boo,

Stay warm!!

Roger

Roger .. if you ever opened the cowlings of a jet engine mounted on the plane you would realize jet eng. mechs. are well known for their ability to get 25 lbs. of poop in a 5 lb. bag !! REALLY !!! Submariners are so used to having all that "dancing-room" in those wide open sewer pipes they travel around so sneakily in .. ( LOL ) ..:laughing: ..:cool2: ..

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
hit the print button, /QUOTE]

Bertman, That's what I did! All 94 pages! My damn printer ran out of black ink around section 3, but it continued to print in a nice blue, so I let it keep going. Then I hand punched each page three times and we made up a note book that I stenciled BOLENS on the front cover and back spine of. Gonna give it to Boy-san for Christmas! (Am I cheap or what?!) He'll be tickled pink! Thanks again!

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Submariners are so used to having all that "dancing-room" in those wide open sewer pipes they travel around so sneakily in .. ( LOL ) ..:laughing: ..:cool2: ..

DANCING ROOM!! You gotta be kidding! If you just stood up straight real quick in one of the old diesel boats I served on, you'd knock yourself cold! I was 5'10" when I was younger and I still walk around with a stoop!

Talk about engines! The USS Trout SS-566, had not one, not two, but THREE diesel engines all in the same engine room! That's in a boat with a 27-foot beam and that's the exterior measurement, including ballast tanks! (She was probably less than 18'-20' inside the hull!) Originally she had GM pancake engines, the same as several other boats in her class, which were a miserable failure and were eventually replaced with FM 10's. The GM engines failed so often that the submarine service made up a poem about that class boat. It went: "Harder, Darter, Trigger, Trout, always in and never out." Most of the problems were caused by oil leaks. Those GM engines were rotary, sort of like old airplane engines, but stood vertically on their ends, with the generator mounted below the engine. The damn things leaked oil so badly the generators were constantly shorting out. Not good in a diesel/electric propulsion system.

When you talk about "Dancing Room", you're thinking about nukes.. I never served on a nuke. They actually make fresh air and all the water you can drink on those things! They didn't call diesel boats "Sewer Pipes" because they smelled nice! We never made enough water to use it frivolously, like for taking showers and stuff.. We were a 'nasty' bunch at best.. "Deep Diving, Death Defying, Steely-Eyed Killers", to the core.. but nasty dirty..

Roger