Mower deck Anyone put new pads on brake levers?

mrstan

Threads
Hi guys,

I am replacing my brake pads on my mower deck for my 115 mower. New mower pads cost $26.50 each (takes 2 per deck). Has anyone out there replaced the actual pads on their brakes or do you guys simply replace and throw yours away?

It looks like someone could remove and glue new pad material on the arms to me... What are all your thoughts?

s-l1600.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi guys,

I am replacing my brake pads on my mower deck for my 115 mower. New mower pads cost $26.50 each (takes 2 per deck). Has anyone out there replaced the actual pads on their brakes or do you guys simply replace and throw yours away?

It looks like someone could remove and glue new pad material on the arms to me... What are all your thoughts?

View attachment 30544

I do it all the time.
I use tractor band brake lining which you can buy by the meter is a few different widths then pop rivet it on.
Position the rivets so they will not grind on the pulley.
Monel rivets with a monel shank pull very tight & I have a phnumatic rivet gun so I can lay into the lining hard then hit the riviter

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I keep an old brake pad around for brake shoe inventory. I would cut a piece the size required with my hack saw and J B weld or epoxy them on.