The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just think... If ya had touched your "tool" ... your sweetie would went CRAZY !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

If that was true you'd be rubbin' yerself all over every poison ivy vine you saw..............

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Views: 504,188

Total views 974

Pumper54

Threads
Thank you Gentlemen,
Your pictures and my coffee are a great way to start the day. Well after waking up alive that is. :wink:
Tom

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sophistication is a case by case study.........some got it, some ain't !

My philosophy teacher in high school, as an example of abstract thinking, asked everybody to think of the moon as a pill.
I replied...I'd find that hard to swallow......... (THAT is an original,and true, Boobot!)

Ron,

Being able to make Quick Quips is an art, that some have and some don't. Personally, I tend to be sort of on and off about it.

One of my best occurred when I was a youngster and got caught digging a few clams for lunch one day. The "Clam Cop" (Mainespeak for Marine Fish and Wildlife officer) asked if I was digging clams. (I had been digging each one by hand and then burying them in a common hole for later retrieval. All while sitting in one spot building sloppy sand castles. Sand was too wet.)

I of course replied, "No sir!" . . . . "That's good", he said, "they are polluted!" . . . . "I know! They killed my grandfather!" I said. (My grandfather had loved digging clams all his life.) "They did?" He asked incredulously. . . . . "Ayup.. It took 86 years, but they finally got him." . . . . was my quip. Damn cop didn't even smile!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry about missing this morning but I could not walk after last night when I rolled over and something went pop in my back. I screamed in pain so loud my wife came running in wondering what happened. I made it to the hospital today and got some Tylenol 3, muscle relaxers, and anti inflammatories. They are helping!! By the way I am a light weight with medication so I am fine with what I got. After all it was what I asked for. Should be able to resume my duties tomorrow

Chuck,

I too am a "light weight" with meds and up until lately have avoided taking anything stronger than aspirin. Even with gall bladder surgery and arthroscopy knee surgery. However!! Now that what remained of any meniscus tissue is gone and both knees are bone-on-bone, I have started taking two Ibuprofen and one Tylenol every six hours three times a day. (I drop the late afternoon/early evening dose.) It will probably destroy my liver or whatever, but without it, I can't walk.

I hope your recovery is quick and you are able to function without additional medication.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good morning Gentleman and to any Lady who is braze enough to step in here. Loving the pictures this morning. You all have a great day and play nice. More fence repair today I think. Have I said I HATE dear the bust down fences?
Tom

Tom,

If you think deer are hard on fences you ought to see what moose can do to a piping set up in a "Sugar Bush". (No comments Boo!) Now-a-days maple syrup outfits use plastic piping with main lines fed by hundreds of individual side lines from each tree in the grove that eventually run to the facility where a suction pump keeps a vacuum on the line at all times.. Yup, they suck the trees dry! (Well, not really, but you get the idea.)

Anyway, now and then some fool moose will blunder into a sugar bush and rip up miles of plastic pipe! They make one hell of a mess! Other critters like to chew on the stuff and that's almost as bad!

Rog

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ron,

You mean "they aren't plagiarized in some black box" don't you?

Rog

To be fair to the Boobot, as he cuts and pastes his witticisms, in some cases he is not plagiarizing them
as sometimes the credit for the origination of the saying is contained.

But, as has been pointed out in other forums, cutting and pasting requires less personal effort than typing..............

This has been brought to you by the Department of the Redundancy Department.

Pumper54

Threads
Tom,

If you think deer are hard on fences you ought to see what moose can do to a piping set up in a "Sugar Bush". (No comments Boo!) Now-a-days maple syrup outfits use plastic piping with main lines fed by hundreds of individual side lines from each tree in the grove that eventually run to the facility where a suction pump keeps a vacuum on the line at all times.. Yup, they suck the trees dry! (Well, not really, but you get the idea.)

Anyway, now and then some fool moose will blunder into a sugar bush and rip up miles of plastic pipe! They make one hell of a mess! Other critters like to chew on the stuff and that's almost as bad!

Rog
Funny thing about moose, on my trip there where warning signs EVERYWHERE but no Moose. Only one we saw (guess that was a good thing) was outside of Madawaski and it was made of metal https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...regationId=&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=336452534

Tom