The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Roger,
Thing that I see I left out of my story was the town two days to the setting sun was Nacogdoches and the one two days to the rising sun was Natchitoches. BUT I figure as you are a smart fellow who might have fingered that out. Hope you are able to get out on the boat today.
Tom

Tom,

Ayup,we've been out on the bit so much I look like a lobster and I was already pretty well cooked! Be more cooked tomorrow.

PS. Yes, I did figure out which was East and which was west.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Hi Old Silver.......(Buy Old Silver)

Boobot nailed the Red Heads. I keep callin' them Red Hats............

I call those things "Expanding bolts".. And yes they are good.

Pumper54

Threads
Here I is!!

Sorry, we unexpectedly had more family show up and have been acting as guides, both on the water and off. Been busy and Grammy and Gramps aren't as spry as they used to be and end up coming home wicked tired! This place is too small for four people and I just haven't had time to get on-line.

Tonight they all went shopping and left me home.

One of my buddies, who is a captain for Sea Tow, sent me the attached picture. It is of one of the local Sea Tow boats (not his!!) that was on a rescue mission to a well known spot out in the labyrinth of very shallow waterways that surround this place, filled with oyster bars that endanger propellers and lower units of outboards operating there.

We spent most of the day today out in the same area, but operating at a far safer speed and never touched the bottom! (The picture explains why!)

Roger (The Cautious!)

Only one word to describe that prop: U G L Y I bet that boat started shaking like a terrier with a rat.
Tom

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Views: 497,479

Total views 998

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here I is!!

Sorry, we unexpectedly had more family show up and have been acting as guides, both on the water and off. Been busy and Grammy and Gramps aren't as spry as they used to be and end up coming home wicked tired! This place is too small for four people and I just haven't had time to get on-line.

One of my buddies, who is a captain for Sea Tow, sent me the attached picture. It is of one of the local Sea Tow boats (not his!!) that was on a rescue mission to a well known spot out in the labyrinth of very shallow waterways that surround this place, filled with oyster bars that endanger propellers and lower units of outboards operating there.

We spent most of the day today out in the same area, but operating at a far safer speed and never touched the bottom! (The picture explains why!)

Roger (The Cautious!)

This was done in reverse.

Threads
Here I is!!

Roger (The Cautious!)
There went 600 bux for oysters... Don't they know they can buy them cheaper than dredging them with a good prop......

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I remember the days of "shear-pins" & SOLID hub props ... back then you destroyed more than the prop,, I've seen "lower-units" completely ripped off, and the price of some of today's props require a second mortgage on your home !! ..:rolleyes:

Pumper54

Threads
Good morning All.
A big Thank you to Blaz and Boo for the fine eye candy this morning. Y'all will have to miss me for the day as the rain has stopped and I have a motorcycle to ride, hopefully I will put a couple hundred miles on it today (just a short ride for me) see you all later.
Tom

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mornin', guyz.
Rainy morning here, so off to work in the shop.

th.jpg

Time flies like an arrow.....fruit flies like a banana.