The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

AHHHhhh as I suspected ... a shady scientist with a selectively secretive government entity !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

fb671b430cc4dac6d9d2b0ae5da09393--emoji-faces-smiley-faces.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I have been up since 3:30 am. No time for the computer. I am bidding a CAT5 witing job so I can make some real money. Just sent off the bid. YAH

Chuck,

I thought CAT5 was old hat by now, haven't they moved ahead like they have with coax? I mean I've been out of the game for a few years, but I thought CAT5 had fallen by the wayside.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger - No I'm not in Trumbull although I did work in Monroe and Trumbull back in the late 80s and early 90s when I lived in nearby Redding. A "Widow Maker" tree limb landed near me Saturday while I was working. I mentioned it and put up photos here Saturday. Tree work is dangerous. I'm a little west of "the river" now about 1/2 hour from New London.

Old Lyme area?

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I think when it comes to running security cameras, cat5 is still the top choice........but as in all things, I could be wrong

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

I still run cat5 for my tv in the garage and my office computer....don't trust wireless all that much.....seems like it is too easy to hack

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

have a good day everyone, off to another busy day

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Knees Rebuild

Hey Boo,

I can get around as good as you now! I went to the VA on Tuesday and had three more X-Rays taken of each knee, that information combined with the MRI's they took late last year was combined and I finally got my consultation with the Orthopedic Surgeon. (It was my fault for the delay - I went to FL) After learning all about how bad my knees really are, I opted for the least invasive method for a start and had an injection in each one. The relief was immediate and has been great. Unfortunately whatever is in the stuff they inject (you wouldn't believe how much!!!) won't fix all the problems I have and it doesn't last for much more than 3-6 months, but for now, I'll take it.

However, it seems that a possible side effect may be an inability to sleep (I haven't had a decent nights sleep in the last two) which is why I was up between 1 and 3 AM this morning posting on here!! Also my BP has gone through the roof and my feet have gotten cold!! I guess as long as I don't come down with anal seepage, or ED I'll live through it.. I would like to get a full night sleep through.. .. .. .. Hey!! .. I CAN type faster! That's cool!!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

I still run cat5 for my tv in the garage and my office computer....don't trust wireless all that much.....seems like it is too easy to hack

Doc,

CAT5 for video? How come not RG6? You must be running Ethernet, right?

Rog

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

I stay west of the river. Old Lyme and East Lyme "Eat Slime" are east of the river, but yeah that general area. There's actually a shortage of landscapers east of the river and some really nice properties but I don't like having to get on the highway with my rig...too much of a hassle to secure my load to DOT standards. Securing the mowers is easy but securing the bed load is another matter.