The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: LAWN WORLD THREAD

After some serious investigation and deliberation I have come to the conclusion that "Lawn World" has morphed into the site we currently reside upon, I may be wrong, BUT .. Me No Care !! ..:laughing:..:laughing:

So what are you guys telling me? Am I operating on an old site that only exists on my computer? When I bring the site up, it is called "Lawn World" with a "Lawn World" logo right at the top of the page!

When I log in it automatically takes me to the front porch forum and the 'Lawn World' thread I mentioned.

Am I in a time warp or what??

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: A Plea for Help.....

Please, everybody share this and spread the word.....great vintage bike being sold out of necessity by an unfortunate retired government worker who has fallen on hard times and needs the $$$$$ in order to help finance his small home enterprise: repairing lawn mowers, in order to remain nearly self-sufficient. He only has an old Studebaker for transportation and lives in a poverty strickened area in Arkansas. So, PLEASE, everybody share this and see if the LW community can't help him out!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233120847448

Hey Ron,

That is vintage stuff! You can't buy vintage stuff for pennies anymore. I mean it's "Vintage!" - "Priceless"! (Well, not really 'priceless', 'cause it's got a hell of a price on it), but it's "Valuable!" They don't make those anymore, therefore if you want one, you've got to pony up the bucks!

Arkansas - I've been to a bunch of places in Arkansas, but I must have missed the "poverty stricken" part you mentioned. I've been from Dorado to Flippin (where they build Ranger boats). I've camped at DeGray Lake and visited Hot Springs. Camped at Bull Shoals and been in the first WalMart in Bentonville. Not a bad State, all in all, we kinda liked it.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nope that bike does nothing for me.
Now these do get my motor running:
View attachment 42730 1998 FLHTPI this is "Cloud" my former main road bike
View attachment 42731 1977 Shovelhead kick only, bought it new Nov 11, 1977
View attachment 42732 Cloud in Sturgis before the rally

I dunno Tom,

I mean that '77 shovelhead is old school and "Cloud" is sweet, but that custom Boo attached is pretty tight looking. Just the fit between the rear fender and the wheel is ever so slick and the wheels themselves,, Mmmmm... Nice. Visually inspiring.. Artistry on wheels..

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: LAWN WORLD THREAD

So what are you guys telling me? Am I operating on an old site that only exists on my computer? When I bring the site up, it is called "Lawn World" with a "Lawn World" logo right at the top of the page!

When I log in it automatically takes me to the front porch forum and the 'Lawn World' thread I mentioned.

Am I in a time warp or what??

Rog

Thats the OLD beginning of this new site.. use your search & go to (lawnmowerforum.com) & put an icon on ur desktop, then all U gotta do is double click on the icon to get here directly

thats when admin was building LMF the Adam & Eve of what you're used too .. :confused2:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I dunno Tom,

I mean that '77 shovelhead is old school and "Cloud" is sweet, but that custom Boo attached is pretty tight looking. Just the fit between the rear fender and the wheel is ever so slick and the wheels themselves,, Mmmmm... Nice. Visually inspiring.. Artistry on wheels..

Rog

Hey Goomba, fergit it, Pumper's an ol farm-boy that's used to "rough-things" his sweeties even slap the schitt outa him on occassion, he don't care for all that purty "whistles & bells" fandangled custom schitt .. he puts things together with beeswax & balin wire, to git home when he breaks down on the road.. :laughing:..:laughing:

BUT on occassion, ... he does like to ogle a really luscious lookin sweetie !! .. :thumbsup:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads

Have many fond memories way back in the day of a kid with one of those Dream Hondas. He had cut off the back 4 inches of the mufflers, gutted the inside to make megaphones. Sounded awesome. Had to replace pistons a couple times a year though. Our "gang" rode something like 5000 miles that summer. Good times back then.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hey Ron,

That is vintage stuff! You can't buy vintage stuff for pennies anymore. I mean it's "Vintage!" - "Priceless"! (Well, not really 'priceless', 'cause it's got a hell of a price on it), but it's "Valuable!" They don't make those anymore, therefore if you want one, you've got to pony up the bucks!

Arkansas - I've been to a bunch of places in Arkansas, but I must have missed the "poverty stricken" part you mentioned. I've been from Dorado to Flippin (where they build Ranger boats). I've camped at DeGray Lake and visited Hot Springs. Camped at Bull Shoals and been in the first WalMart in Bentonville. Not a bad State, all in all, we kinda liked it.

Rog

Well, most of the post was intended to be a spoof..........
Sure, he wants to sell the Dream 305 (pressure from above :wink: )
MH asked me to spread the word, so to speak.
But all that jazz about being poor and living in a poverty strickened area and driving an "old" Stude
was just embellishment on my end to "enhance" the sales.
I think we all know the Lad's situation........

Last edited:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
C10 Update: Knowledge Learned

I continue to acquire knowledge by way of the C10 project.
They say that knowledge is power; I say....it ain't cheap !
The aftermarket heads I am using have the intake and exhaust ports relocated a touch for bigger valves.
This caused the rocker arms to splay as they span from the pushrods to the valves.
Ordinarily not a big deal.
But.............
The roller rocker arms I had were nice USA manufactured full rollers.
They were aluminum and vert pretty, but they were very rectangular in shape.
s-l1000.jpg
Due to the aforementioned splay, the pushrod ends of the rockers formed an inverted chevron (very shallow angle "V" Boobot...)
This placed the outer corners of each pair very close to the walls of the valve covers, touching,even!
Rockerarms4.jpg
Not good.
The rocker arms were not of the "self aligning" variety, and I needed to use pushrod guide plates.
Unfortunately, the c 10 c for the pushrods was insufficient to provide proper rocker arm to valve stem contact.
Rockerarms5.jpg
So, options were these:
Get adjustable guide plates or self aligning rocker arms.
I opted for the latter.
so I got arms shaped like these:
$(KGrHqFHJ!8E7)76)zQSBPFbzP(1z!~~60_35.JPG

That would alleviate the interference with the valve covers.
THEN, I discovered another fly in the ointment:
the screw in rocker arm studs provided me by the machine shop were badly eccentric!
I noticed the upper stud wobble when screwing them in,
Placing a straight edge down the row of installed studs revealed out of line studs by as much as .025" !!
Also, not good.
So I purchased a set of higher quality studs and took care of THAT problem.

Now I move on to the "art" of checking for the proper pushrod length......
Too long or short will cause the rocker roller to valve stem to be off center, again, not good.
I am awaiting arrival of a tool to check that.
HOPEFULLY I won't need some different pushrods.
BUT, if this goes the way the rest of the project has cone...............mo' parts,mo' money and mo' tome!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I want to see and hear that thing run. Could you please quit messing around and finish it. Then post a youtube video. PLEASE.