The Daily Yardman Thread

Pumper54

Threads
Tom,

I recognize that place! That's the "Bestest Westest" motel (with the no window option) - You only stay in the finest of accommodations, don't you?

Rog

Rog, Good morning to you Sir. That was one of the best places I stayed on my trip. I will have to search through my pictures to find some of the others. :)

20170722_055728.jpg view from the front porch of a B&B in Albuquerque, New Mexico. My sister in law had the place but was hiking in Colorado so let me stay there

20170722_091529.jpg wide open spaces

Tom

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Chuck,

I have an answer to your problem about waking up in the middle of the night and then getting up because you don't know what time it is. Buy a Timex wrist watch with a comfortable band, (so you can wear it 24/7) that has the "Indiglo" feature! They are inexpensive and the watch dial lights up with a simple press of the little knob. I have worn one for decades and it has worked well for me. Then if I wake up at 3 AM I can quickly check the time without disturbing the 'other-half' and roll over and go back to sleep. Of course it doesn't help with the mornings when your brain engages and you can't shut it off... Then you just have to get up and deal with it.

Those watches have a very soft light that is an unobtrusive means of checking the time without completely waking up yourself, or anyone else. The batteries last for years and years too!

Roger

Thanks for thinking of my issues but I hate watches. I do have a clock by my bed I can read when I wake up but having a 4 year old in the house does not mean it will always be on. He loves to turn off my power strip at times. He finds it very funny. I am not sure why but I guess he has his reasons. I was so glad when I got my first cell phone because I took off my watch and have never put one back on. It took over 3 years before the hair grew back on my wrist. For Boo I never had hair on the palms of my hands. Yes that is an old wives tell.:laughing::laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Women

Well, after 40 years of marriage (to the same Wife,) I have finally figured something out:
Whenever my Wife asks my opinion on her course of action; she is nit REALLY looking for
what NOT to do.
If my opinion differs from hers, then she knows that what she wanted to do is what she WILL do.
If my response agrees with her plan, then she is SURE she would have been wrong, and opts to take the other alternative.

Guess I was a little slow on the uptake.....

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Women

Well, after 40 years of marriage (to the same Wife,) I have finally figured something out:
Whenever my Wife asks my opinion on her course of action; she is nit REALLY looking for
what NOT to do.
If my opinion differs from hers, then she knows that what she wanted to do is what she WILL do.
If my response agrees with her plan, then she is SURE she would have been wrong, and opts to take the other alternative.

Guess I was a little slow on the uptake.....

That took you 40? I learned that in 30.:laughing:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Women

I had my suspicions after 25 years or so, but hoped that they were wrong................

The fine art of making them think it is their idea.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bill Gates....looking out for ME !!

So, my computer called Microsoft...AGAIN !
Or at least, that's what the middle Eastern accented man told me on the phone.

I informed him that I have an Apple McIntosh running Safari.............
He just wouldn't believe me, so
i gave him Boo's ###..................

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sure glad you don't have my number. But if you want you can call 202-456-1414 and ask for Donald.