The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Google search for "UC 316 WASP"

I never use Google....usually use Bing..zero hits.........
Only 2 on Google....

Thanx!

but....Google search doesn't turn up any info on waterbed poles..................just lots about sheets!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
You're Welcome, I told Finder how to find it !! .. :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

Pumper54

Threads
So from this picture I am guessing it is 3/4" and 12" to 14" long PCV pipe. An average hand is 2.5" to 3" and you can put 3 or 4 hands on it.
View attachment 42829

Pretty close to what I was thinking. It just looked like short sections of PVC placed in the holders
Tom

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
So from this picture I am guessing it is 3/4" and 12" to 14" long PCV pipe. An average hand is 2.5" to 3" and you can put 3 or 4 hands on it.
View attachment 42829

Yup.
Approximate dimensions fall into that range.
Trouble is, the poles nest into the corner of the frame forming an equilateral right triangle, and,
if the design intends for the poses to contact the frame, varying the length of the poles will
cause the pole to nest farther way from the frame corner, altering the tuck distance of the sheet.
I have poses; I have made them all.
I was just hoping for a more precise dimension............
One would think that number is OUT THERE, SOMEWHERE !!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Views: 468,556

Total views 1070

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Informatin Impossible to Find on the WWW,

I am amazed at the information one can find on the Web.
But........
I am even MORE amazed at things one absolutely CANNOT find there...........

For instance, I have a pocket knife manufactured in the 60's by United Cutlery in Japan.
The knife is called the Wasp.If I remember correctly, the number is UC314.
There is ZERO information on it; almost like ti does not exist (but I got one...)

Now, I want to know the length of the plastic poles for waterbed sheets.
They are placed into pickets at the corners of the fitted sheet to keep the sheet in place.
IMPOSSIBLE !
Any mention of "waterbed" with the term "poles" results in droves of information about sheets..........but NOTHING about dimensions of poles..........

I guess I have not learned how to hold my mouth correctly when I search.........

Ron,

I know what you mean. We have all become used to finding information on the web about the most arcane things, then when something like your knife or 'waterbed poles' - ? (Really??) comes up with nada, we are amazed! I take it you don't have a waterbed,or you'd simply measure it. Wouldn't the internal measurement of the box give you the correct length? Can the poles be ordered separately? I guess I don't understand the problem.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
You're pretty sharp......After ALL THAT, you FINALLY came around to WHAT I SAID TO BEGIN WITH !!

Ron,

Oops! I stand corrected... I'm gonna go sit in the corner and shut my mouth..

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
I never use Google....usually use Bing..zero hits.........
Only 2 on Google....

Thanx!

but....Google search doesn't turn up any info on waterbed poles..................just lots about sheets!

Ah Ha!! Now I'm out of the corner! Way to go Chuck!

Ron, you don't use Google?? What the hell is wrong with you? Bing sucks! Bing couldn't find it's own arse with both hands! If you are concerned about Google tracking your every click, then install FireFox with DuckDuckGo and you will have the quality of Google searches without the invasion of your privacy issues.

Geez and here I've thought of you as a sort of leading edge kind of guy all this time... Bing! Really??

Rog