The Daily Yardman Thread

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ebay shipping charges

It really galls me when shippers inflate their shipping charges, then say "Ebay sets the rates and we can do NOTHING about it."
Then, when you do the research and find that NOT to be true, the seller ceases communicating.
Why can't they be honest??
They could just fess up that their lofty shipping charges add to their profits...............

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Ebay shipping charges

It really galls me when shippers inflate their shipping charges, then say "Ebay sets the rates and we can do NOTHING about it."
Then, when you do the research and find that NOT to be true, the seller ceases communicating.
They could just fess up that their lofty shipping charges add to their profits...............

Yeah, sometimes these shipping charges are way outa line, awhile back I was ordering a few small parts, I think the cost of parts was about $4.00+, could fit in a very small size "bubble-envelope" mailer, maybe less than $.75 postage, BUT NO ... they wanted a FLAT-RATE of $9.95 for shipping, went into town and got my stuff at a local Fastenal, and much cheaper to boot, there are SOME places that will do right by ya on the shipping charges but they are few N far between...:thumbdown:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Funny thing about moose, on my trip there where warning signs EVERYWHERE but no Moose. Only one we saw (guess that was a good thing) was outside of Madawaski and it was made of metal https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...regationId=&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=336452534

Tom

Tom,

Yes, moose, who are not the brightest members of the deer family, have finally figured out that humans are not friendly creatures to be stared at when they appear on the other side of the bog. The modern Maine moose hunt began in 1980. The first one I went on was in 1983. At that time moose would often stand and stare at you and they were a great attraction for photographers and hunters alike. Over the ensuing decades moose have become somewhat more shy, figuring out that if they stuck their head out in the Fall, a human was liable to take a shot at them. (Like I said, they aren't too smart. But, evidently they are capable of learning - eventually.)

We had friends come visit from PA a few years ago and took them on a trip to see a moose. We had them in the car for nine hours and never found more than moose tracks and moose schitt.. They still talk about it and swear to anyone that will listen, that there are no moose in Maine, accusing us of leaving false sign everywhere.. LOL

Next time you are over this way, go to what we used to call, "Dry Mills", the Gray Animal Farm, they usually have a moose in residence. Or go to LL Beans in Freeport, they have a great taxidermy on display of two adult bull moose that got their horns locked together and died that way.

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Ebay shipping charges

Ron,

Honesty! - Really, you expect honesty in this day and age? what are you thinking??

(I know it is only wistfully thinking on your part..)

Rog

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I lost the data but not the total. Sorry, but when my medicine kicked in I fell asleep.

Total views 1104

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Views: 506,144

Total views 852

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
People that live behind me have a yard service that comes and mows their yard for them and that is all well and good except the crew uses the string trimmer WAY to close to the wooden fence posts of our fence. This has resulted in the cutting down of two of the posts and several more that were weakened to the point of being wobbly. The past few days the Bride and I have been digging out the old posts and painting new ones and generally rebuilding the fence as needed due to the deer pushing through in places. Today I installed a few post protectors and I sure hope they help. I use metal roof flashing and bend it around a short cut offs from the new posts and then nailed it on. Between the concrete ring and the metal I hope the posts last another 22 years :)
View attachment 43332
View attachment 43333
View attachment 43334

Tom

Looks good Pumper, oughta work, BTW, U should see what a trimmer used by an A**HOLE looks like, on mobile home "skirting", & costs ..$$$$$$$$ ..:mad:..:thumbdown:

mobile-home-skirting-repair-kit-780x490.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well another accident free race 2day, NOT a good race .....

A GREAT SWEEPING RACE !! # 2
Congrats Brad & Team Penske !!

Brad won stage 1 & stage 2 & the RACE