The Daily Yardman Thread

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yup.
Approximate dimensions fall into that range.
Trouble is, the poles nest into the corner of the frame forming an equilateral right triangle, and,
if the design intends for the poses to contact the frame, varying the length of the poles will
cause the pole to nest farther way from the frame corner, altering the tuck distance of the sheet.
I have poses; I have made them all.
I was just hoping for a more precise dimension............
One would think that number is OUT THERE, SOMEWHERE !!

From the picture, I posted it looks like it is 1 inch longer than the sheet pocket. 1/2" sticking out on each side. If you purchase a 10' piece of pipe you can do a lot of testing and it will only cost a few dollars.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: Informatin Impossible to Find on the WWW,

Ron,

I know what you mean. We have all become used to finding information on the web about the most arcane things, then when something like your knife or 'waterbed poles' - ? (Really??) comes up with nada, we are amazed! I take it you don't have a waterbed,or you'd simply measure it. Wouldn't the internal measurement of the box give you the correct length? Can the poles be ordered separately? I guess I don't understand the problem.

Rog

Guess he needs to check N C if there's still a bunch in PoL-and ... I'd think, he wouldn't have any trouble findin the size of the "poles" .. he SHOULD have 1 tween his legs, to use as a REFERENCE point, BUT then ... maybe Ron,.. IS a RHONDA after-all !!! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yup.

I have poses; I have made them all.

Poses? What the hell are poses?

Besides, I didn't think anybody had water beds anymore, they kinda went out of style didn't they?

Rog

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
From the picture, I posted it looks like it is 1 inch longer than the sheet pocket. 1/2" sticking out on each side. If you purchase a 10' piece of pipe you can do a lot of testing and it will only cost a few dollars.

Dam it Finder, ..... IF .. Ron had 1 inch, he'd be a "KING" but, ... IF he LOST 1 inch ... he'd be a "QUEEN" ... :laughing:..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Besides, I didn't think anybody had water beds anymore, they kinda went out of style didn't they?

Rog

SEEEEEE ... the TRUTH comes out after-all !! Ron, .. Er... Rhonda, "POSES" in the nude as a side job !! .. :thumbsup:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
AND MAYBE on this ....

Seems the POLES are supplied with the sheets .......... :confused2:

Most sheets I have seen for sale state "PoLes not included..." ("L" capitalizes wo I don't mistype again....)

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Informatin Impossible to Find on the WWW,

Ron,

I know what you mean. We have all become used to finding information on the web about the most arcane things, then when something like your knife or 'waterbed poles' - ? (Really??) comes up with nada, we are amazed! I take it you don't have a waterbed,or you'd simply measure it. Wouldn't the internal measurement of the box give you the correct length? Can the poles be ordered separately? I guess I don't understand the problem.

Rog

Skipper,

I actually DO have a waterbed...for over 42 years now........
It is just that not all sheets require poLes, many just have elastoc pockets at the corners to fit around the corners of the mattresses.
Not all sheets which DO require poLes are designed the same.
In some, the length of the poLes does not matter; newer ones are more sensitive.........

The poLes are used to keep the sheets tucked under the mattress at the corners.
They slide into sewn pockets and are placed under the mattress spanning across the corners.
The longer the poLe, the farther away from the corner it will be (geometry) and may tuck the sheet corner under too far.
That'll cause the sheet to not fit................

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Rog

Skipper,

"Poses" are what Boobot strikes in front of his mirror in the morning, usually ending in a broken mirror......

I could not give the first crap about what is or is not in style.................... I love my waterbed and will be quite happy
to sleep (and do whatever other activities arise on the bed) forevermore!

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
the wife and I got rid of our water bed when she could no longer get out of the bed after a back surgery. Besides that I would have never given it up.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
the wife and I got rid of our water bed when she could no longer get out of the bed after a back surgery. Besides that I would have never given it up.

I put our bed into the guest bedroom, decided there's more room on floor, or, spontaneous "fun" on the Dining Table, or on the garden-swing, the back-seat of the car, the back of the pick-up truck, and sometimes on the bed in the guest bedroom, where-ever !! :laughing:..:laughing:..:thumbsup: